Buy Live 7 get Operator free!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Meef Chaloin

Post by Meef Chaloin » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:59 pm

jeffplaysmoog wrote:Yeah, it's tough. I felt pretty raw at first about the offer so I wrote Ableton to complain (didn't offer me a discount!). It just seemed that, being someone who has purchased 4 versions of the software, Sampler, Drum Racks, EIC, etc., that I should be getting this offer as well. But I also understand Ableton is trying to sell as many copies of 7 before it becomes obsolete and that they have an interest in keeping sales high. So, I am back and forth on how I feel, but overall I still feel it's a raw deal to the faithful users. Maybe they just need to balance it out when 8 arrives by offering early upgraders some form of discount on an Ableton product?
doubt it very much, the offer doesn't apply if you're upgrading from a full version, only live lite I think so I don't see why they would suddenly recognise the people who have given them money for years. Its all about bring in new users, its certainly not about giving something back to existing users.

evon

Post by evon » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:37 pm

forge wrote:
evon wrote:
Incy wrote:evon does your USB Quattro actually work? I never got it to work.
Seems like I've had the Quattro for ages. Actually, it was my first interface and in fact the only one I have ever used. It is like a rock, it is tattered and torn and just keeps going, on and on. Never had a hitch from the day I bough it.
I am thinking that M-Audio exports the better products on thier overseas market and keep the worst ones for the local consumers. This because of the reviews regarding M-Audio products that I read about by consumers in the USA.

Anyway, what exactly do you mean by "getting it to work". Have you installed the drivers correctly? Let me know, maybe I can help. There is really two stages to getting an interface to work:

1. Installing the drivers (before attaching the hardware to the PC)
2. Adjusting the "preferences" in the audio tab of the software you are using to record/etc.
I bought one of those in the UK and it never worked on 3 different machines
Well I guess I am just lucky :)
fe real!

evon

Post by evon » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:42 pm

Anyway I am looking forward to owning shortly either a Tascam, Personus, Alesis or maybe I might have to settle for a M-Audio 410. Not certain yet what my budget will be like. Good thing for me is that my music is still strictly a hobby, although I still have high hopes.
fe real!

evon

Post by evon » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:50 pm

Meef Chaloin wrote:
jeffplaysmoog wrote:Yeah, it's tough. I felt pretty raw at first about the offer so I wrote Ableton to complain (didn't offer me a discount!). It just seemed that, being someone who has purchased 4 versions of the software, Sampler, Drum Racks, EIC, etc., that I should be getting this offer as well. But I also understand Ableton is trying to sell as many copies of 7 before it becomes obsolete and that they have an interest in keeping sales high. So, I am back and forth on how I feel, but overall I still feel it's a raw deal to the faithful users. Maybe they just need to balance it out when 8 arrives by offering early upgraders some form of discount on an Ableton product?
doubt it very much, the offer doesn't apply if you're upgrading from a full version, only live lite I think so I don't see why they would suddenly recognise the people who have given them money for years. Its all about bring in new users, its certainly not about giving something back to existing users.
I understand all that, the marketing stuff. It is just that somehow it dosen't seem fair to the loyals.

Think about it though, probably a better market strategy could be to let the would-be's see how well the Abes treat thier Loyals. After all the Abes should not be concentrating on just hooking new users but in keeping those hooked satisfied. It would be good to find out how many of Live users are still stuck at version 4,5, 6 or earlier and also how many times each user has upgraded since thier initial purchase.
fe real!

Meef Chaloin

Post by Meef Chaloin » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:01 am

well up until a few weeks ago i was still on v6 but I went & upgraded because of this offer & it turns out that I wasn't eligible to get Operator & the drum pack because I was on a full version already. They did offer me a discount for the Ableton shop but I don't want a discount, I want what they advertised - at no point in the upgrade did I see anything about it not applying to existing users. :evil: