recording in quantize??

Promote your gigs or events.
mcBOB

recording in quantize??

Post by mcBOB » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:22 pm

Hello,

I hope im putting this message in the appropriate forum and also hope i have explained clearly:

At a friends with ableton live (i use fruityloops). We are trying to play keyboard through midi. We want our notes to Automatically Sync/ Snap/quantize to given time signature. Like hitting a note out of sync and it automatically snap and quantize to given beat? Like play a Kick Drum on every quarter and nowhere in between.

Hope thats said it:)

Regards
Linda (mcbob)

AceLuby

Re: recording in quantize??

Post by AceLuby » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:44 pm

mcBOB wrote:Hello,

I hope im putting this message in the appropriate forum and also hope i have explained clearly:

At a friends with ableton live (i use fruityloops). We are trying to play keyboard through midi. We want our notes to Automatically Sync/ Snap/quantize to given time signature. Like hitting a note out of sync and it automatically snap and quantize to given beat? Like play a Kick Drum on every quarter and nowhere in between.

Regards
Linda (mcbob)
You have to select it in your preferences. Recording quantization has to be on and the type of quantization has to be set. I use it all the time for my MIDI stuff.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

mcBOB

Post by mcBOB » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:01 pm

AceLuby wrote:
mcBOB wrote:Hello,

Regards
Linda (mcbob)
You have to select it in your preferences. Recording quantization has to be on and the type of quantization has to be set. I use it all the time for my MIDI stuff.

EDIT : Ignore. Found it in the edit settings. Great help. Got us looking for it. Thanks again AceLuby.

Thanks for that Aceluby. Dont seem to see anything in prefrences about midi quantize/sync. Have got the quant in the midi roll editor to 1/4. Dum still seems to sit at say 8ths when we dont get the note in sync. Till now its a case of hitting ctrl and u to quntasize anything thaqts outwith the 1/4??

Can you point the way in lives prefrences that you are referring to??

Thanks Again
McBoB

anybody human

Post by anybody human » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:49 am

I think it's under File. Or Edit. File I think. You probably already found it.
Months ago.

WFTD

Post by WFTD » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:45 am

Hi all,

Just following on from this. I am practising trying to do the same thing. Im a noob when it comes to using Live for this type of stuff, and more used to using it for DJing, but I want to move more into the live playing aspect.

As per the discussion above, I want a kick on every 1/4th, but then other insturments I may want on 1/8th etc etc etc.
I have alos had it above where I have had to press crtl "U" all the time to quantise....just want it to put it back automatically etc.

Sorry being a noob, but can anyone go in a little more detail??

Greatly appreciated