Using E drum in drum rack with hihat

Promote your gigs or events.
mooggsentry

Using E drum in drum rack with hihat

Post by mooggsentry » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:41 am

So, I'm trying to create a drum rack with an e drum kit using midi. Im trying to make the closed hiatus only sound when I have the hihat pedal pressed down but when I press the pedal down it only makes another midi note sound. How do I map it in such a way where I can use the hihat in a more natural way to make a closed and open hihat with the pedal pressed down and or let go?

Stromkraft

Re: Using E drum in drum rack with hihat

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:49 am

mooggsentry wrote:So, I'm trying to create a drum rack with an e drum kit using midi. Im trying to make the closed hiatus only sound when I have the hihat pedal pressed down but when I press the pedal down it only makes another midi note sound. How do I map it in such a way where I can use the hihat in a more natural way to make a closed and open hihat with the pedal pressed down and or let go?
E drum? Doesn't this depend a large degree on the drum unit? The traditional way in Live is to put the pads on the same choke group, but my drummer has other ideals with MIDI CC affecting the sounds, also giving sound changes with half-closed hats, like with real ones. He also wants to have separate sounds for closing the hi-hat with the foot and having it closed from the beginning.
Make some music!