London Live User Group

Promote your gigs or events.
Screen

Post by Screen » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:28 am

Good night, last night.
Lets get some sounds out next time, should be a good thing.

spiderprod

Post by spiderprod » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:46 pm

yes good to meet .i am glad i made it .
i was kind of surprised that i was the only hardcore user there .
i was thinking that for next time i will try to bring some kind of projector & show you guys all the little trics i know .& may be you could bring a list of things you want to know & i'll try to give the solution .

anyway ,if you guys are interested , i am engineering a few concerts in the next few weeks where i'll be using live as a mixing console or as a multitrack recorder .

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:55 pm

Great to meet up with you guys last night!! It would be good to playabout with a projector and some sounds next time. The small insights from Spiderprod were wicked - was good to find someone who had used Live right from version 1 and used it professionally.

I'd better try and get a tune or two sorted for next time :?

illperson

Post by illperson » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:48 pm

what was the hive bar like then?
TS - WHI

phaxkolumbo

Post by phaxkolumbo » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:10 pm

I couldn't make it due to overtime at work... *sigh*. Did you get that laptop jam going?

Well, if there's a next time, maybe then...

cashman

Post by cashman » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:52 pm

illperson wrote:what was the hive bar like then?
The Hive looked like a (large) converted corner shop. I think it is linked to a pub on the main street - The Beehive.
Downstairs was a little bare, but I'm sure it's great on a Friday/ Saturday night.
Upstairs was a little more 'cosier' and club like, but I don't suppose you wanted a Michelin Guide type of review!
8O
There was only a meager turnout from the fledgling LLUG, but these are still early days and it was great to get the formalities out of the way and plan for a better and bigger meeting - which is forecast for next month TBC.

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm with us Spiderprod. Speaking for myself, I have been a little too wrapped up in trying to Dj traditionally with Live, but then, it really does have so many possibilites that I find it quite daunting.
Nearly a DJ
---
Mac PB G4, 1.67Ghz, 1.5Gb/ BCR2000/ EKS XP10/ Akai EWI 4000s/ Korg EMX1/ Saffire LE/ gemini PS-626i mixer various other musical instruments

jellyfish

Post by jellyfish » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:02 pm

thanx 2 all who turned up on wednesday -good 2 meet u all
look 4wd 2 nxt 1

btw: cashman and screen, u were talking about some controller / midi kit
that u use - could u give me the names of them and i'll see which one is for me

cashman

Post by cashman » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:38 pm

Did you know that there are approximately 170 users registered as living in London on this forum! 8O

Where were they all!

Splitters!
Nearly a DJ
---
Mac PB G4, 1.67Ghz, 1.5Gb/ BCR2000/ EKS XP10/ Akai EWI 4000s/ Korg EMX1/ Saffire LE/ gemini PS-626i mixer various other musical instruments

Screen

Post by Screen » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:01 am

they are staring at their screens 8O, when they should come up for a beer n chat with us fellow bees at the Hive ;-)

JellyFish: I'm using the Edirol PCR-M30

(which Edirol sent me as a replacement after my old PCR-30's keys died, even though I was out of warranty!!!) I'll forward some links to you.

illperson

Post by illperson » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:43 pm

cashman wrote:
illperson wrote:what was the hive bar like then?
The Hive looked like a (large) converted corner shop. I think it is linked to a pub on the main street - The Beehive.
Downstairs was a little bare, but I'm sure it's great on a Friday/ Saturday night.
Upstairs was a little more 'cosier' and club like, but I don't suppose you wanted a Michelin Guide type of review!
8O
There was only a meager turnout from the fledgling LLUG, but these are still early days and it was great to get the formalities out of the way and plan for a better and bigger meeting - which is forecast for next month TBC.

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm with us Spiderprod. Speaking for myself, I have been a little too wrapped up in trying to Dj traditionally with Live, but then, it really does have so many possibilites that I find it quite daunting.

sounds interesting, must go down and have a look there.

any ideas on dates for the next?
TS - WHI

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:51 pm

Shite, Shite and more Shite :(

I missed this post :(

Will definitely come for the next one.

Maybe we could get the details to keep at the top of the form list as a sticky for a few days to make sure everyone sees it.

See you next time :)
MacBook Pro, Mojave, Live 10, Logic Pro X, UAD Apollo & Satellites, UAD, NI Komplete, Izotope, Korg, Audio Damage, Fabfilter, Waves plugs.

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:52 pm

AH -

Time to open my eyes - It is a sticky :oops:

Bollards 8O
MacBook Pro, Mojave, Live 10, Logic Pro X, UAD Apollo & Satellites, UAD, NI Komplete, Izotope, Korg, Audio Damage, Fabfilter, Waves plugs.

spiderprod

Post by spiderprod » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:50 pm

wildcon wrote:AH -

Time to open my eyes - It is a sticky :oops:

Bollards 8O
lol

Danny Detox

Post by Danny Detox » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:43 pm

/hangs head in shame/

I was far to broken from my birthday antics to make it.

/skulks off onto naughty step/
Last night a SAW wave saved my life.

*sigh*

Post by *sigh* » Mon May 01, 2006 6:02 pm

sorry I've not been on the board til now guys.

Thanks to all who turned up for last wednesday, I thought it was a good thing to have a manageable group and can still put faces to names, which is uncommon for me :)

This pic is Spiderprod laying down some knowledge. Next time is definitely projector and laptop time. and must remember to bring a: powercords and b: laptops.

and c: music

I haven't talked to Hive as I'm embarrassed that we didn't provide the music they were expecting (completely my fault), I'm unsure whether they'll have us back! . I do like it as a venue though.The manager is leaving in a month, so I'll try them again after that. The other option in the Brixton area is upstairs at the Ritzy cafe, which could be sweet. Or maybe we should meet somewhere more central next time.

Any other suggestions?