MD/VA/DC Baltimore/Washington DC/NoVA/MidAtlantic

Promote your gigs or events.
D K

Post by D K » Tue May 09, 2006 5:04 pm

cory, you are a madman, your shit is wicked!

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Tue May 09, 2006 5:04 pm

ok, spacebar/nudging tempo/whatever tapping seems cool, i'm a little too geeky sometimes :)

anybody have pictures of the 5/7 Cat gig available yet??
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

corygilbert

Post by corygilbert » Wed May 10, 2006 1:04 pm

No way mike, I'm totally into that too, I wasn't trying to say it's not something we should shoot for, the syncing thing, honestly I never even thought about the advantages of trying it. Maybe when we do the ottobar with the multible, but small, groups playing together it would work. I guess I'm showing my limited knowledge of all things extra-tech, I've never done it and had it work right, but I'd like to learn. Just wanted to say I'll never be against an idea I've never even tried :D And thank you Doug, and thanks again for the wicked show, the visuals were amazing, see you guys soon.
cory

slopes

Post by slopes » Wed May 10, 2006 9:36 pm

mikemc wrote:ah, that could be cool-- laptop ensemble.
aka COMPLEX INTERPLAY

what do you think? i've been saving this domain for a while...

philo

Post by philo » Thu May 11, 2006 8:07 am

We are down for next ottobar as well.. When is it? Kristin got a ton of pics from the other night, Ill dump em on an ftp within the next few days and post the info for your guys to grab it.. I also got some video of each person if anyone is interested in that, the visuals showed up pretty well..

What ever happened to the xm broadcast? Is that still going to air?

philo

Post by philo » Thu May 11, 2006 8:09 am

Laptop ensemble could be sweet too.. Sync has been greatly improved in 5.. Only thing is timing issues between mac and pc's can be wack from what ive read.. anyone have any experience with that?

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Thu May 11, 2006 1:32 pm

re: sync, seems like syncing manually makes the most sense, pick a bpm and go with that, it can work just fine.

re: pics, sounds cool, looking forward to that... video too? I'm interested in seeing that, the visuals were great.

re: XM, Kamal mentioned something earlier in the thread about setting up a download location and letting everyone know via email.

About ottobar-- pulsoc, the proposed "window" is sometime in the next two weeks, or sometime after 1st week in june, is that right?

D K

Post by D K » Mon May 15, 2006 5:39 pm

any updates on ottobar?
i'd love to see somw pics/vid of the cat show, too....

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Mon May 15, 2006 6:17 pm

D K wrote:any updates on ottobar?
i'd love to see somw pics/vid of the cat show, too....
Mike just called me back Saturday. It is looking like it will be toward the end of June. he was supposed to call yesterday to pick a firm date but flaked. I will try to pin him down this week before I leave.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Thu May 18, 2006 4:54 pm

btw, I'll be performing at electro-music 2006, in the Philadelphia area. It is a very comprehensive electronic music event, running the gamut of electronic music http://event.electro-music.com/

D K

Post by D K » Thu May 18, 2006 6:52 pm

mikemc wrote:btw, I'll be performing at electro-music 2006, in the Philadelphia area. It is a very comprehensive electronic music event, running the gamut of electronic music http://event.electro-music.com/
that looks like a blast! are the open sessions truly open?
it would make a nice rounded experience of the whole thing :wink:

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Thu May 18, 2006 9:08 pm

The ticket gets you into all events/preformances/demos/seminars for the day you get it for. There are definitely open jam sessions on every day http://event.electro-music.com/event.ph ... dule2.html if someone were to happen along that wants to do visuals during my set :) more than welcome, and likely there would be others wanting as well.

Performing or not, you buy a ticket, $25 a day or $60 for all three seems well worth it seeing all that's going on, so I had planned on going. I asked about performing about two months ago, it was not sure at that time, but they had a cancellation and were able to fit me in (6/4, evening).

Schedules for all days:
http://event.electro-music.com/event.ph ... dule2.html
http://event.electro-music.com/event.ph ... dule3.html
http://event.electro-music.com/event.ph ... dule4.html

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Sun May 21, 2006 6:20 am

Black Cat 5/7, a picture :) courtesy acquaintance of phatso b.

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Mon May 22, 2006 4:28 am

Well the Ottobar is still up in the air, haven't heard back from my man. I'm headed to lovely Italy for a few weeks, I will pick this up again when I get back. Hang tight and we'll get it rolling again.

Will

corygilbert

Post by corygilbert » Mon May 22, 2006 4:50 pm

so jealous, enjoy some chianti and abject lack of sarcasm from the locals.
have fun :D