Glasgow Monolake Show

Promote your gigs or events.
telekom

Glasgow Monolake Show

Post by telekom » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:00 pm

Hi,
Anybody at the Monolake/Sleeparchive/Modeselektor show in Glasgow last night? Have a good night? Thoughts on the event?
:)
MacBook Pro Retina, Live 9.5, Reason, UC33, KRK RP5s, Teenage Engineering OP1, Korg ESX2, Korg Prophecy, Clavia Nord Lead, Bass, Guitars.
http://soundcloud.com/motorradkinophone

martin808

Post by martin808 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:00 pm

i was there and i've got the sore head to prove it. was well good.
sleep archive was better than i thought he was goin to be but it was getting too minimal for me at times.
henke was class. dont know what that controller was that he was using but it looked beefy.
mode selektor, as always tore the place apart. but they never played the rapanthem which i had been lookin forward to. no matter.

I expected it to be rammed but it wasn't really that busy compared to the other big nights that have went on in the artschool.
My mate was supposed to be dj'ing in the vic bar downstairs but they shut it just before he was about to go on cos it was so quiet. he was a bit gutted.

shame i never made it down the pub for the ableton workshop thing. I dont know how that went.

P.S. me n rustie are doing a live voltaic gig in bar baccus in the merchant city tonight at 11 if anyone fancies it.

iridite

Post by iridite » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:20 pm

Hi there,

the workshop went well considering the cicrumstances! To be honest there was a MUCH bigger crowd than we were expecting AND there were quite a large contingent of general public there too- consequently it was fairly noisy and so it was difficult for Robert to go into some of the finer details of Live- there were some problems with feedback too and so I thought Robert handled the situation very well. The only thing we were dissapointed with was the amount of people who came to see Robert and then proceded to chat loudly during his demo- there were more people talking from the "Ableton" supporters than the genreal public! As I said, it was a pretty tough enviroment so a BIG thank you to Robert for working through it in such a professional manner.

The actual gig was fantastic- SleepArchive was truly excellent and Robert was deep, solid and incredibly funky- couldn't stay to see Mode Selector's madness due to being very drunk and also working the next day- there were around 450 people there so it was aprox 2/3rds full- all in all it was a pretty successfull night.

sonsofthehounds

Post by sonsofthehounds » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:19 pm

It was all about Monolake, an improvised, high quality set performed with genuine enthusiasm, didn't expect much less from Robert Henke....slamming. Mode Selektor was not really my cup of tea. The workshop was classic....held in Glesga bar, who'd a thought it...well done. Feeling the hurt the day.....
macbook 2.16 ghz, live 6...studio with gear now gathering dust.

frisbeedisk

Post by frisbeedisk » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:35 pm

Hey i wasn't there,but just thought i would add to the glasgow massive 8O

David

Post by David » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:07 pm

I went to the workshop and liekd that. Unfortunately didnt manage to go to the club night but heard it was good. I'm actually a little pissed off at having missed that but unless henke decides to quit music then i'm hoping i will see him play again somewhere else. Anyway my mates filled me in on the bits i missed and send me some photos of the night and also this link to some photos of the night...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84662067@N00/

telekom

Post by telekom » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:38 pm

Hellooo jason,
Well done to all you lot for the monolake show - are you doing some live stuff yourself in brunswick soon? Post it here !

M ;)
MacBook Pro Retina, Live 9.5, Reason, UC33, KRK RP5s, Teenage Engineering OP1, Korg ESX2, Korg Prophecy, Clavia Nord Lead, Bass, Guitars.
http://soundcloud.com/motorradkinophone