Dublin users

Promote your gigs or events.
Dubreak

Post by Dubreak » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:14 pm

Alright lads,

Been using live for a few years now. Production only, no DJ'ing with it. Cubase and Reason for longer. Doing a fair few gig too. Usually chillout room stuff. Seeyerafter.

D7

dannravv

conas ata tu?

Post by dannravv » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:17 am

alright lads,
Good to hear im not the only irish bloke stuck into the lap top making weird noises. use ableton for dj'ing housey stuff with sum weird loops and effects thrown in all mixed tru a smelly pioneer 2 channel mixer with my 2 12-10's
arrrgggghhhh.. anyhow im dan from clondalkin.
were's the free drinks ?

elektrovert

Post by elektrovert » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:46 pm

Hi All!

Paul, from Blanchardstown, producing for years, using Live for about 1. Logic and Hardware for the rest (still use them too though).
did my first Live gig last may, it was a disaster, but very valuable experiance none the less!

some of my older music:

www.musicv2.com/launch/paulmallon
Dell Vostro 1500 Core 2 duo 3.02Ghz 2GB RAM 150GB 7200rpm HD, on Firewire Audiophile
Apple G5 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, RME Hammerfall 9652

Techbot

Post by Techbot » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:25 am

Hmmm. Not Dublin......Galway.

But I am a Dub. :D Born and raised in Rush, Co Dublin and spent 10-12 years around Phibsborough before moving to G about 6 years ago.

I have gigged in Galway with a friend using a cutdown version of live that came with an audio card but it wasn't mine and really only used it for backing tracks, but it was the only sequencer we could trust. (my gigging partner had a full version).

But yesterday I got my own copy. Sweeeeeet.

My stuff has moved from Funky Breaks to a more collage based mishmash of old found sounds. I'll post some links later if anyone is interested.

Cache

Post by Cache » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:37 am

galway is good party town. last time i was telling my bird how nice it was when we got there the whole of Eyre Street was like fookin building site...haa. still its probably fixed up now.
how're them crusties doing anyway?
www.cachemusic.com
myspace.com/1800cachecall
myspace.com/autonomousunit
myspace.com/kinesicla
myspace.com/pocketonfridays

womoma

Post by womoma » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:29 am

hows everyone gettin on?

My macbook has the random shutdown thing. Argh. Gonna have to get it sorted.

Saw zero7 in The Olympia last night. Meh, it was ok.

Cache

Post by Cache » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:23 pm

awright lads, i'm going to be back on the Auld Sod around Christmas time. I'm looking to get some live shows or even DJ/live PA gigs. Anyone got anything coming up? my live sschuff is on my myspace.com/1800cachecall
PM me for DJ sets. I'll return the favour over here in LA for ya (i'm running two club nights - one for live synth/electronic bands, other for DJ (house/electrohouse)

noice,

cache
www.cachemusic.com
myspace.com/kinesicla

burtnik

Post by burtnik » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:32 pm

changing my user name back soon

Baz

Post by Baz » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:00 pm

whats the story lads , just ordered live 6 today , so technically not a user
yet ! but i will be using live for production mainly (techno from dubby minimal to full jackin stuff - i hope ! ) not really sure if ill use it for djing
cant really imagine it being more fun than the aul decks ....

anyway , baz from cabinteely

Razzkazz

Post by Razzkazz » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:28 am

Hi all. Alan AKA Razzkazz here. Living in Dublin city, i've spent the last 8 years producing electronic music and working as a sound engineer. Been using Live for around 6 months and am hooked. Used cubase, logic, and pro tools up to now. Recently performed live using Live as part of the DEAF festival which went great. When performing i use Live on a powerbook with a nord micro modular, kaoss pad, line6 fm4 and a novation remote25. Im planning to release an album fairly soon. You can hear some tracks on my myspace site. :D
MBP M1 Max, MOTU Ultralite, Faderfox PC4, Akai LPD8, Push, Clyphx Pro
-----------------------------------------------
https://alangleeson.bandcamp.com/

womoma

Post by womoma » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:39 pm

Hey Razzkazz!

Enjoying your tunes on myspace. Are your tunes available on itunes/beatport etc?

If any of you guys are interested, theres a great site for Ableton users, www.abletonlivedj.com

Its not actually totally focussed on DJing, and theres no shitty political spam in the forum. We also share racks and play Ableton Tennis.

My macbook is fixed by the way, just thought Id mention that. Go Apple!

Another Dublin user Kaizen recently messagd me saying:
Hey man, just read on the ableton site that your from Dublin!

I may be doing a showcase afternoon in December for a group of internet nerds if you fancy coming down and showing support. Probably in the Bernard Shaw.

It'll be an introduction to DJ'ing with Ableton - the lazy persons guide.

I've told the guys already I'm no expert, but at least I can show them where I went wrong way back when.
Thought some of you cats might be interested in this. Ill post more info soon as I get it. I reckon it will turn into an interesting brain-storming, tip sharing session, followed by a ..eh.. session.

dec@womoma.com

Razzkazz

Post by Razzkazz » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:52 pm

thanks womoma, those tracks are from album im releasing. Not available anywhere yet, except at my gigs. No gigs planned for the immediate future looking out for some though.
MBP M1 Max, MOTU Ultralite, Faderfox PC4, Akai LPD8, Push, Clyphx Pro
-----------------------------------------------
https://alangleeson.bandcamp.com/

Kaizen

Post by Kaizen » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:24 pm

Hey guys and girls (maybe)

Just checkin in for support on this to see if any of you are interested in attending or not. Potentially its gonna be in the Bernard Shaw on Sat 16th December from 3-5pm.

This will be a complete beginners guide to Dj'ing with Ableton (The lazy persons guide), as I know a few people who asked me to show them the software and I said I would. Didnt realise I would get so much a response tbh.

Anyways, for the more advanced user there will be a brainstorming & if all goes well I will host production sessions with the help of others in coming months.

I'm from Belfast and making the journey down and giving up my time freely to try and help folks not make the mistakes I once did, I hope you lot can make this a worthwhile experience. As I'm no expert, audience participation is requested and so if you know a better technique than I, you are welcome to discuss it also.

If anyone has any topics they want covered, please let me know at info at djkaizen.com and I'll see what I can do.

Currently I'm working on

a brief overview & set up
A beginners dj template
Introductory warping for digitally produced tracks & not those recorded from anologue sources (keep that for the more advanced session)
DJ tricks and tips using effects, cutting, pasting and looping etc.

Thanks

Kaizen
Ableton Live Beginners Guide - Lazy Persons edition available now @ djkaizen.comImage

Cache

Post by Cache » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:58 pm

yo i'm getting back into dub on the 18th. am looking to score a gig/showcase chance to play someplace basically. let me know if anyone has any hookups. i do live pa/dj electrohouse/house. cheers lads, cache.
www.cachemusic.com
myspace.com/kinesicla

piZMo

hello mates

Post by piZMo » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:18 pm

well this is an ol' thread i just picked up but thought i'd say hello, guess i missed out on the free beer?

not been using live long and am currenlty maxing that bitch out cause i'm short on cpu. into drum&bass, hiphop and funk. thought about getting into some breaks production recently as theres not really a d&b scene to be found in dub and looks like breakbeat might be on the way in? hmmm thinking of gettin my head down on some skills and maybe finding a bar to gig in... lalalalalalalalala...

...but then again i have a day job which also takes up quite a lot of the night too so there's another idea way above my spacestation. keep it real.

anyhows laters.

www.myspace.com/thejonsnodgrass