VANCOUVER! DJ's Wanted! Bayside Lounge Saturdays

Promote your gigs or events.
LJ Martin

VANCOUVER! DJ's Wanted! Bayside Lounge Saturdays

Post by LJ Martin » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:00 pm

Hi All,

I am resident at the Bayside Lounge in Downtown Vancouver and I am looking to book guests on a regular basis, anyone from Van or who is passing thru who is interested in playing send me a PM or link me a mix in this thread that I can check out to see what you're doing.

I am specifically looking for funky downtempo and house but have been known to play some very dancy shit there on occaision and am open to funk, soul, funky breaks, and most flavours of house (sorry no hip-hop... not my choice... managements... the odd track is ok but no hip-hop sets) All formats, vinyl, cd, laptop. Also anyone who does anything more, up to two people no drumkits. Remember it's a lounge.

All that said the money is not great (but not a slap in the face), but the room is really great, the staff are awesome and I have a decent bar tab to dispose of.

Drop me a line if you're in.

Here's a couple of my sets from the night:

http://www.beatrouteproductions.com/Mus ... 0127_1.mp3

http://www.beatrouteproductions.com/Mus ... 0127_2.mp3

Last edited by LJ Martin on Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

LJ Martin

Post by LJ Martin » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:45 pm

no one?

Atomikat

Post by Atomikat » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:15 am

Hi, I'm interested but I'll send you a PM later...now I'm going to sleep, got to work tomorrow morning... :D

handojin

Post by handojin » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:03 pm

hey LJ Martin, i might hit you up on that offer if it is still goin,
check you pm's

monkeyboy

Post by monkeyboy » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:36 am

Hi,

I've just moved to Vancouver from London, UK where I DJed regularly in a bar that sounds pretty similar to your place. I play all sorts of stuff from funk, soul, breaks, house, disco, hip hop (although I can ditch the hip hop if needs be!). I've brought my laptop over with all my music on a hard drive so I'm all set to plug into a mixer and go!

Check a little mini 30 min mix here

Just managed to get settled here and next on my list was sorting out some DJing and music type stuff so let me know what you think!

Cheers,

Mark
Kit: Sony Vaio E-series laptop (Intel Core i5, 4GB RAM) RemoteZero SL, Launchpad, Akai MPD16 drumpad, cheap-ass MIDI keyboard

LJ Martin

Post by LJ Martin » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:20 pm

monkeyboy wrote:Hi,

I've just moved to Vancouver from London, UK where I DJed regularly in a bar that sounds pretty similar to your place. I play all sorts of stuff from funk, soul, breaks, house, disco, hip hop (although I can ditch the hip hop if needs be!). I've brought my laptop over with all my music on a hard drive so I'm all set to plug into a mixer and go!

Check a little mini 30 min mix here

Just managed to get settled here and next on my list was sorting out some DJing and music type stuff so let me know what you think!

Cheers,

Mark
Check your PM's

LJ Martin

Post by LJ Martin » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:37 pm

This night is still going and I'm still looking for guests sp PM me if you are interested.

LJ Martin

Post by LJ Martin » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:35 am

Bump this, still looking

dj monkeyboy who responded to my post first time round is now playing with me once or twice a month

arctic ranger

Post by arctic ranger » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:47 am

dude im finally moving from this arctic freezer to van in the middle of april and i need to dj once again!!!!

anyways, im into breaks and good house, and needing to relax with cool like-minded people, cause inuvik is twisted. i cant post anything right now, but if this sounds goo to you im in

godamm i cant wait to get to my home of vancouver!!!!
mpb c2d, remote sl, mpc1000, korg legacy, zebra 2, phoscyon, devastator

http://soundcloud.com/enrock/first-edit

j.enslow

Post by j.enslow » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:08 am

Sounds good, pm me.

sunnyboy78

Post by sunnyboy78 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:00 am

Hi

If you're still doing the night I'd be interested in playing, I play all that kind of stuff, pm me or send me an email at wilson@freeflow.ca

cheers

Wilson