David Torn and Prezens at Joe's Pub NYC THURS 13th

Promote your gigs or events.
eisnein

David Torn and Prezens at Joe's Pub NYC THURS 13th

Post by eisnein » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:38 pm

PreOrder Tickets

David Torn, guitarist and composer, is well-known for electronics and performance techniques that have a highly atmospheric or textural quality, and his work has been lauded by musicians across the spectrum including David Bowie and Jack Bruce.

and oh yeah, its my Dad.

David Torn assembled a fierce band in the studio, including saxophonist Tim Berne, keyboardist Craig Taborn and drummer Tom Rainey. Actually reassembled might be a better term: Torn taped hours of improvisation, then fashioned that raw material into unearthly collages of frenetic energy, grimy funk and trippy electronica. The album has a lot more to do with texture and dislocation than with athletic chops, but these players have the goods to bring it live."
- Time Out New York

"the sound of the 21st century schizoid man taking his meds, mellowing out a little, then suddenly realizing he took the wrong pills before really freaking out."
-Pitchfork (Joshua Klein)-

second class robot

Sonicavenger

Post by Sonicavenger » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:15 pm

Yo E.!

It's Chris Buono--been a minute ...

Hope you're well. Might be back down that way sometime soon. You still in town?

eisnein

Post by eisnein » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:14 pm

you know it! give a shout!
second class robot

perez.5

Re: David Torn and Prezens at Joe's Pub NYC THURS 13th

Post by perez.5 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:25 am

Yeah!! I have visited this place millions of time and this is my favorite place. Actually here live music is superb and most of the time famous artists have come.
Live music bar nyc

doghouse

Re: David Torn and Prezens at Joe's Pub NYC THURS 13th

Post by doghouse » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:40 pm

Wow, back from the dead.

Was that Prezens tour really almost seven years ago? I saw the Boston show and it was incredible. I love ensembles that mix electronics with other instrumentation a lot more than 100% electronic...always have.

Watching Torn manipulating samples and loops live from a MIDIed guitar and a few expression pedals is a humbling experience for anyone who thinks they need more control than a Push, APC or Launchpad can provide.

Those who hate "laptop shows" should check him out if he comes to your town.