Glasgow people

Promote your gigs or events.

zazamoth

Re: Glasgow people

Post by zazamoth » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:06 am

martin808 wrote:^^^what mf said.

IMO Glasgow has loads of stuff going on every week. Clubs like Numbers and Monox always have excellent guests playing and venues like subclub, soundhaus and art school regularly have good nights on. Slamevents and Miscreat forums are good for finding out about gigs.

yeah I agree with you there mate, there is loads of stuff if you have a wide taste in music but if you go back a few years there used to be loads on and I mean loads more on. Shame it's kinda gone down a bit. Glasgow used to be great, I remember going out nearly every night for two weeks and going to a (good) diff Club night. But I do think that if your in to Alt music your choices now are very LTD.

and god the Subclub I haven't been there in years!!
/IEC2/Sonar 8/Reason4/Recycle/kompakt/Battery2/intakt/absynth/pro53/Motu symp/zt3a~ MA ozone~BCF2000

https://www.facebook.com/SeraphSin

zazamoth

Post by zazamoth » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:14 am

the_antagonist wrote:alright team glasgow! I will be djing on Sunny Govan Radio 103.5 this friday from 8pm until 9

can also be found at listen online from http://www.sunnygovan.org

A selection of electronic musics form house to techno to gear you up for the weekend or to help you out on the old armchair dance moves.

hope you listen, hope you enjoy!

cheers
Hey man..I think I many know someone that works with you at Sunny Govan Radio.
/IEC2/Sonar 8/Reason4/Recycle/kompakt/Battery2/intakt/absynth/pro53/Motu symp/zt3a~ MA ozone~BCF2000

the_antagonist

Post by the_antagonist » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:52 am

who do you know?

i hate the sub club.... ever since they put in the europes second biggest soundsystem into it.

having said that. Iv hated the sub ever since i went to optimo.

i fuckin hate optimo.

zazamoth

Post by zazamoth » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:25 am

the_antagonist wrote:who do you know?

It's a chap called Bob Rafferty he's in a band called El'dog. I asked Him a few days ago If he knew you, and he said he thought he did.

the_antagonist

Post by the_antagonist » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:33 am

bobaroid?

i dont know if I'v shook hands with him but im sure I am aware of him in passing.

zazamoth

Post by zazamoth » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:41 am

the_antagonist wrote:bobaroid?

i dont know if I'v shook hands with him but im sure I am aware of him in passing.

yeah cos i think he said he knew of you.. how's Sunny Govan going haven't listened in a while

the_antagonist

Post by the_antagonist » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:49 am

friday night have vasty improved :wink:

its good. its still run out of a port a cabin. he music is rockin 24.7 however........ unless they have their coverage of the night they did recently..... its my understanding that there is like an hour of setting up eduipment noises.

but this is the operation we are running.

there are like 7 people on this thread now. we are close to setting up a ableton user group!

zazamoth

Post by zazamoth » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:47 pm

the_antagonist wrote:friday night have vasty improved :wink:

its good. its still run out of a port a cabin. he music is rockin 24.7 however........ unless they have their coverage of the night they did recently..... its my understanding that there is like an hour of setting up eduipment noises.

but this is the operation we are running.

there are like 7 people on this thread now. we are close to setting up a ableton user group!
actually that gives it a kinda pirate radio kinda a feel lol and that's no bad thing!

Funny you should say that I was thinking would it be worth mentioning a user group. I had actually nearly posted a "how about" post the other day. but given the lack of answers about my hey would anyone on here be intrested in an industrial band..I wasn't sure if I should post it lol

grnr

Post by grnr » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:08 am

aye, i've lived in this lovely city for almost 8 years now, love it to bits. great live music scene, loads of really fantastic creative people.

also love the sunny govan whenever i can persuade my car radio to tune into it!

the_antagonist

Post by the_antagonist » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:58 pm

fancy a rave! 8th august. pm for details.

Yeeeehaaaa7

Post by Yeeeehaaaa7 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:33 pm

been a while since I checked the Glasgow thread...

A few people here now!

Antagonist, I'm presuming you're the same Antagonist on UK-DJs?

I'm on there too :D

Should've checked this thread earlier, missed a rave up :(

the_antagonist

Post by the_antagonist » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:55 pm

thats me. my things way outa date. i didnt get much action outa it. im the same antagonist as friday night on sunny govan 103.5.

Yeeeehaaaa7

Post by Yeeeehaaaa7 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:20 pm

the_antagonist wrote:thats me. my things way outa date. i didnt get much action outa it. im the same antagonist as friday night on sunny govan 103.5.
Me neither, still got my sub til next year some time so it might change...

Didn't realise Sunny G did techno! My Missus listens to it quite a bit in the car too

the_antagonist

Post by the_antagonist » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:31 pm

friday night. techno... they do now.

8 till 9 is my boy craig with the techhouse thing. then me playing everything electric. after that jp and the friday night posse and the hardcore.

this friday is special. craig and i are putting our shows together and doing it live. :? tune in and call us up!