All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wierd Sustain Pedal Problems
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:57 pm 

Hi there... I don't know if anyone can help me with this one....
I use the newest version of Ableton. I have several controllers hooked up including a 88 key Roland digital piano, HP 3000s which I use for piano and e-piano sounds. When I play any instrument in Live using the HP the sustain pedal ONLY works when a note is being held down on the keyboard (ex. low c). Meaning, I have to keep one key pressed down at all times and use the pedal when I want the sustain to work.
The midi indicator in Live lights up when I press the pedal. I have used different midi inputs to my PC with always the same results. The HP works correctly (using other sound modules), midi cables have been checked, and tracks recorded show my pedal movements. Midi parameters in the Preferences are correct.
The strangest thing though is that the HP with sustain pedal works correctly using only the Electric instrument. So it is not my keyboard - it's something somewhere in Live. But where???
Any clues...?

Post subject: Sorry, gotta bring this one up again.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:01 pm 

I'm still having this darn problem. I didn't have this prolblem with one of the earlier versions of Live. I just don't know which one anymore.
Anyone else using a Roland digital piano with Live out there???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:07 pm 

Just a guess, but my first thought was that you might have your controller set to send Sostenuto instead of Sustain. Sostenuto is supposed to only sustain notes that are held at the time it is pressed - this is the third pedal that some pianos have. If an instrument doesn't support it properly it might just treat it the same as the sustain pedal.

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

Post subject: Re: Wierd Sustain Pedal Problems
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:48 am 

Tadaaa!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=174537

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]