Ableton 6 + nanoKONTROL problems

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
kevin.kenkel

Ableton 6 + nanoKONTROL problems

Post by kevin.kenkel » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:47 pm

I just bought a nanoKONTROL, and the only problem i'm having with the controller is that ableton will, say, assign the play button to the play function on the software. However, since the button travels down and then up when pressed, it decides to send the MIDI signal twice. this also happens when i assign track on/off to one of the KONTROL's square buttons. is there a way to fix this? it renders the track on/off control almost useless, since hitting the button once will turn the track off, but hitting it again only turns the track on for as long as i hold the button.

33tetragammon

Re: Ableton 6 + nanoKONTROL problems

Post by 33tetragammon » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:12 pm

kevin.kenkel wrote:I just bought a nanoKONTROL, and the only problem i'm having with the controller is that ableton will, say, assign the play button to the play function on the software. However, since the button travels down and then up when pressed, it decides to send the MIDI signal twice. this also happens when i assign track on/off to one of the KONTROL's square buttons. is there a way to fix this? it renders the track on/off control almost useless, since hitting the button once will turn the track off, but hitting it again only turns the track on for as long as i hold the button.
hi there.go to the editor librarian software.assign midi notes to the square buttons(on a different midi-channel than your midi-keyboard).assign cc numbers to the transport controls,and set all button behaviors to momentary(i think you have them in toggle mode)last,upload this to your nanokontrol.then you should have no problems anymore