All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: connecting massive to live 7 using midi yoke
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:06 pm 

I want to record tunes straight from massive into live, ive been trying for hours now with no success.

Im using virtual midi controller LE, its output is set to midi yoke 1, the input in massive is also midi yoke 1 and massive works perfectley.

I have the output in massive set to midi yoke 2, and the input on live set to midi yoke 2 also.

Its set to midi yoke 2 in the track display on live, when i press keys in the virtual midi controller there is no sign of input.

help pelase!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:21 pm 

Hi synthbeast,

is there any particular reason why you don´t just use Massive as a VST plug-in in Live directly?

Best,
Jörg

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:58 am 

cheers for reply

how can i connect massive to ableton using the vst?

im trying to connect it using the plug in sources, when i try to choose massive as the vst it dosent work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:50 pm 

hi synthbeast,

to use VSTs, create a new folder, this is going to be your custom VST folder. Place the VST plug-ins (in .dll file format) you own into this folder. In Live, select this folder as the custom VST folder (you find that setting in the file/folder preferences). Please see the Live manual, chapter 15.3..1 for further details.

Best regards,
Jörg

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:58 pm 

ive read the manual, it states to simply select the vst using the "plug-in sources".

I have selected c:/program files\native instruments\massive\, and there is still an exclimation mark and nothing appears on the plug-in devices screen.

I dont quite get what you mean when you say "Place the VST plug-ins (in .dll file format) you own into this folder".

Do i put the whole massive folder in a new folder and turn it all into .dll?

Or take the .dll out and put it in this folder.

please help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:53 pm 

Hi,

that is the standalone version of Massive. You need the VST plug-in, please run the installer again and refer to the installation instructions coming with Massive to install the VST.

Best,
Jörg

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]