Live 4 don't accept ma Asio drivers!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Haselmeier

Live 4 don't accept ma Asio drivers!

Post by Haselmeier » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:49 am

Yes, so it is.
I was Betatesting Live4 a bit on my, let's say, Internet and Office PC, there it was working fine with an RME Hammerfall Digi 96/52.
So today i purchased the upgrade, installed it on my Music-PC.
This PC: PIV 3.2GHZ, 2GB RAM, and so on...
TWO RME Hammerfall DSP with TWO Multifaces working inside, also TWO Powercore and one UAD. I am working with this setuo perfectly with Cubase SX 2.2, Wavelab, a lots of Plugs.... and Live 3 was also working fine! But Live3 only saw one of the Hammerfall DSP's. That was ok and Ableton was informened about that. I used the Asio - Drivers.
So now then: this it what happend:
I intsalled Live4, put in challenge code and it started fine.
I switched to options and changed the driver from WM to Asio drivers of the Hammerfall DSP, next the following appears:
( i have to translate it to english, 'cause i installed the german version)
a Programm error appears, please try to save your work with a new name and restart the program.
So, sure i dane this, i also rebooted the PC, ... BUT:
When i start Live 4.01, it started perfectly, i can also load a song and play it, but i don't get an output. Fact is, the Asio - driver is not loaded by Live.
If i go to "Optiones" i get the same error message as above and the "Optioes Window" don't comes up.

So, maybe it is because of the two Hammerfall - Cards, but is was and is working with Live3, maybe Ableton changes something to support mor than one soundcard, but then, it doesn't work with two Hammerfalls.
I will try to install it next on my Notebook, which got a single Hammerfall DSP PCMCIA card inside, but i am sure that this will work.
What shall i try next, reinstall Live? Well, that's not as hard. I need and want to keep this two Hammerfalls because i need this sixteen inputs and digital as well.

I thought i have a weekend full of fun with Live 4, and now?

Haselmeier

Post by Haselmeier » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:48 am

Hi, i guess the Hotline and Help from Ableton is a bit busy at the moment.
I allready had two phonecalls with them, they always promised to sent me back a mail with some informations about it, but i recieved nothing!
So i will call again today!
By the way, the boxed version reached my home yesterday, looks great with the black design and the extra loop big fish cd.
But this doesn't help me , since i can't hear anything at the output and the hint of installing again the drivers is a bit crappy, because all other applications running well, also Live 3

Rory

Post by Rory » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:30 am

I'm having the same problem.

Using Creamware ASIO drivers and the Live4 demo.

Sent my log.txt to Ableton Support and am awaiting a reply. I'll keep you informed.

minimal

Post by minimal » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:11 am

Rory wrote:I'm having the same problem.

Sent my log.txt to Ableton Support and am awaiting a reply. I'll keep you informed.
Sorry, which Creamware card are you using?
I already had problem with Live 3.0.3 with my Luna II... thinking to change soundcard before to upgrade to Live 4.

stay groovy

Draupner

I got the same problem!

Post by Draupner » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:48 pm

Hi!

I've got completely the same problem as Haselmeier, but with my m-audio device, Firewire 410.
I have tried to reinstall the program but the same ASIO problem occur.
I'm very frustrated as i'm very eager to try live4.

Draupner

Rory

Post by Rory » Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:30 pm

minimal wrote:
Rory wrote:I'm having the same problem.

Sorry, which Creamware card are you using?
I already had problem with Live 3.0.3 with my Luna II... thinking to change soundcard before to upgrade to Live 4.

stay groovy
I've got a Pulsar II - however the drivers are the same for all creamware cards (I think). It looks like this is a Live issue, so maybe stick with it and mail the Live support team. Hopefully this will get fixed :)

Haselmeier

Post by Haselmeier » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:39 am

Hi to all
Yesterday i spoke again to the support of Ableton.
At the moment it doesn't look like that they are aware of an Asio-Problem with some Audiodevices, like in my case with multiple HammerfallCards.
So i am happy (or not happy) that i am not alone with this prob.
I also got a PC which have three Creamware Pulsar cards inside, so to help you, i will try to run Live4.01 on this one two.

The only hint i reached from the support at the moment was, to delete the prefference file (prf.cfg) which you find at:
c:\documents&settings\your_username\applicationData\Ableton...
and
reinstall the driver.
Didn't had time till now to do that, but i will try it today and will inform you here, if it helps.
But i guess, the only thing which will happens, that i will be able to open the Options again, which will show me the WDM-Driver, and i guess again, if i switch to ASIO the same Problem will appear...
We will see.
As i told you, ableton is busy, so i only got this answer via phone, there was no responce on my mails since now. But it would help if all, who have problems like this contacting the support....

Haselmeier

Post by Haselmeier » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:10 pm

Still no fix for this problem.
I recieved a diffrent exe-file for test, but it produced the same result and a log.txt which i had to mail to ableton.
I think they want to contact RME directly.
Still waiting for an answer...

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:33 am

I am having a problem with Live 4 seeing my ASIO driver for my Terratec DMX6 Fire.

This seems to be a serious issue and needs to be addressed immediately.

I have no trouble with the soundcard running on Cubase or Live 3.

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:59 am

Hi guy's,

See my recent post re this issue.

I tried the ASIO drivers from my Remote 25 without any problem.

Seems to be an issue only with certain drivers.

spiderprod

Post by spiderprod » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:50 pm

try to get the latest driver for m audio , delete all gost devices & see what it does

Haselmeier

Post by Haselmeier » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:34 am

Hi Folks.
My Problem is fixed by support@ableton.com Thanks to the great support team, i know that they must be in stress and rush, but found time to help me.
It wasn't any driver problem, also i didn't need an update from ableton. In my case i was at least easy to fix, but i wount post the solution here, because my prob looks diffrent in some cases of you, so i can only recommend to mail your probs to ableton - support, i am sure that they will do what they can as fast as they can. And i can say that ableton got a better support against most other much bigger companies i know, and i know a lot.

Thanks to Ableton

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:47 am

I agree. I seem to have sorted my problem by uninstalling the Guitar port ASIO driver, but I have sent my log file to the support group as well.

I have to say the support from the Ableton team has so far been excellent. Having been a Cubase user for many years and receiving very little, or very slow response to issues from Steinberg, this is a blessing.

I just hope that as the company gets bigger and more successful (as it deserves to) that this dosen't change.

So far no complaints whatsoever.