Live 4 and Reason Rewired

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
djadonis206

Live 4 and Reason Rewired

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:51 pm

I am monitoring Reason (a matrix seq'r connected to a subtractor thru the mixer 14:2) thru a rewire channel in Ableton 4. When I toggle to the in/out view button way over on the right side of the UI either Reason cuts out completely or the notes hang and to remedy the problem I have to delete the Mixer 14:2 in Reason and start over
Ableton | Elektron

Music

hrdvsion

reason ableton buzz or no notes

Post by hrdvsion » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:18 am

i am having the same problem only i can't fix the buzz or no note issue by deleting the mixer and starting again.
any other thoughts on how to fix this?

benblue

Post by benblue » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:20 am

i just tried to reproduce that, to no avail.
so it may be something in your system(s)...there are a lot of variables.

jtpack

Post by jtpack » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:54 am

I'm having the same problem with showing/hiding in/outs, but there's a twist: Reason's audio only comes through at all when I'm in the Session view of Live. If I switch to the Arrangement view, the ReWired tracks go silent, and sometimes the horrible buzzing occurs.
If I delete the mixer in Reason while the buzzing is present then the buzz goes away, but no matter what I do I cannot get sound from Reason while in the Arrangement view.

I think this worked fine before today.

The only new thing I've done is install the Max/Msp 4.5 demo.
I've tried uninstalling it just in case this had caused the problem, but it didn't fix it.
Windows XP, Live 5.2, Pro Tools LE 7.1cs7, Reason 3.0.4, M-Audio Delta 410, MBOX, Synthmaker

kmo

Post by kmo » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:45 am

Same problem here on PC. In addition, Live doesn't render the Reason audio with the rest of the track.

Any one else experiencing this? Please post Mac or PC.
MacBook Pro - OS X 10.4 - 2GHz Intel - 2GB RAM - MOTU Ultralite - Kontrol49 - Remote 49 - Moog Voyager

myztmuzic

Post by myztmuzic » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:03 pm

8O Similar probs here - when launcing Reason 2.5 in rewiremode, the take(s) happen to look ok in arrangement, but when i click the track to clipview, the takes often 1/2 the length of what it were..so i then have to cut it & loop the damned take.. :?

AND, as i run Yamaha mLAN2/PresonusFirestation & UAD-1 DSP-card, i just upgraded to mLAN2 (firmware&tools/drivers), cause the mLAN1 hogs the cpu & cause cracles (an mLAN1-bug) - so the newly released mLAN2-protocol solved the compabilityprobs with DSP-cards, but the cracles still there, even with UAD-1 disabled. The fuzz begins when the cpu-meter in Live 4.01 working around 80% - nomatter what i do with the PCI-latency on ALL adapters (agp-card:128,pci/raid/firewire:32)

8O The spooky thing is that this doesn't happen in Live 3.04 (or previous Lives) - the CPU copes fine with the same amount of tracks (more, actually..) - and the cpu-clips' gone.. - BUT THIS IS IN LIVE 3.x, N-O-T LIVE 4.01 :x - THERE I CAN'T PLAY A DAMNED SHIT WITHOUT FUZZ!!!

:arrow: SO THIS IS A BUG, THEN..- GUESS IT SHOULD BE SOLVED FAST BY THE ABLETON-TEAM!!

Any suggestions on this bloody prob..?

Best,
mzt
be-be - an eL, an eS and be a Dee
- the orb -

oppr

reson and live / rewire

Post by oppr » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:38 am

same thing for me,
i can't hear reason in arrange mod,
and also,sometimes at the end of a sample appear a little but very audible crash ???
even so with live 3.04 there is no problem,
and my mail to the support stay without reply,
is the staff of ableton in holiday ?
but .... we have payed for this update .....

Matthias

Post by Matthias » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:22 pm

Hi All,

thank you for your reports and sorry for the trouble.

the problem with no sound coming out of rewire slaves when
switching to arranger or hideing the io section view will
be fixed with the next update coming soon.

kind regards,

matthias
Matthias Mayrock
ableton development team
mayrock@ableton.com

cope

Post by cope » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:04 am

Routing midi out from a Live4 midi channel to Reason via hardware works fine in session view, i can playback and record, but when i switch to arrangement view, nothing can be heard. Why?

kettensaege

Post by kettensaege » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:23 pm

--

kobal

Post by kobal » Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:11 pm

Also having problems with this..

in fact, I've followed the tutorial for rewiring, and in reason, I can see an instrument (i.e. nn19) being actived everytime I press a key on my oxy 8, but no sound.

awaiting the fix. anyone successful with the Live/Reason connection?