Ableton Live 8 Running horribly slow on Mac Pro 8 Core

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
hoveneverslackin

Re: Ableton Live 8 Running horribly slow on Mac Pro 8 Core

Post by hoveneverslackin » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:29 am

+1

SO MAD

LOVE THE PROGRAM CANNOT HANDLE THE BULLSHIT SLOWNESS AND CRASHING

AJOK

Post by AJOK » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:46 am

In reference to the exact title of this thread... TRUE! And also TRUE that the only solution i've found to the glitchiness, slow display response and poor mouse reaction is to limit the program window to one screen (for those like me with multiple display cards). The moment 1 millimeter of your ableton screen encroaches onto another display is the moment where it all goes haywire. DAMN! what a waste of my other 3 screens!

diogo_semedo

Post by diogo_semedo » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:16 pm

I have a MBP and I'm having the same problems... Is starting to obnoscious to have this fixed... Going back to Logic...
MacBook Pro 15,4" Dual Core 2,4 Ghz, 4 GB DDR3, xiosynth 49, Live 8.1.3 and .4b, Traktor Scratch Pro, Yamaha HSM80.

AJOK

Post by AJOK » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:17 am

does anyone use live on a large display (24" or 27")? Are you able to get good performance when live is maximised across the whole screen?

diogo_semedo

Post by diogo_semedo » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:25 pm

It doesn't have to be a big display. I have a 19" connected to it, and it sure goes MENTAL! Weird mouse behaviour, huge cpu usage... If found that if the mouse wireless usb one, if you unplug and then replug the mouse goes back to normal but will go nuts an our or two later.
MacBook Pro 15,4" Dual Core 2,4 Ghz, 4 GB DDR3, xiosynth 49, Live 8.1.3 and .4b, Traktor Scratch Pro, Yamaha HSM80.

jpodtbc

Post by jpodtbc » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:46 pm

i've just noticed that live 8.1.3 runs really slow on my brand new macbook pro 10.6.4.

doing some tests i noticed that it runs much slower when the nvidia display card is in use vs the intel one. i hadn't noticed before because i had forced the display to always use intel. but the problem is that you can only use an external monitor with the nvidia display which means for producing i'm stuck using this super slow ableton.

performance improves the smaller i resize the ableton window.

crippling.

EDIT: it was so bad that i restarted and everything is now hunky dory (just fine). hmmm...strange.

John tDI

Post by John tDI » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:33 am

I'm a big fan of Live Ableton,

Unfortunately for a year I bought Macpro 8core and Apogee duet.

I have read dozens of things on the internet for the best support in multicore on Live,, unfortunately without result..

The meter program reaches several times 70%, while processors in the mac is 5-6%,thereby hangs the sound and I can not continue,(yes is selected the multicore on preferences).

I have all the necessary updates for the operating and equipment as well as for program,,

Please, do the best multicore,the freeze is not the solution macpro,,
In logic the multicore is perfect,

Sorry for my bad english
I hope to solve this issue,

Thanks in advance..

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:29 am

John tDI wrote:I'm a big fan of Live Ableton,

Unfortunately for a year I bought Macpro 8core and Apogee duet.

I have read dozens of things on the internet for the best support in multicore on Live,, unfortunately without result..

The meter program reaches several times 70%, while processors in the mac is 5-6%,thereby hangs the sound and I can not continue,(yes is selected the multicore on preferences).

I have all the necessary updates for the operating and equipment as well as for program,,

Please, do the best multicore,the freeze is not the solution macpro,,
In logic the multicore is perfect,

Sorry for my bad english
I hope to solve this issue,

Thanks in advance..
Hi John, please get in touch with Ableton technical support about your issue: http://www.ableton.com/support. Thank you.

deejayconte

Post by deejayconte » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:56 am

Im thinking to switch back to live 7, cos i had no problems at all with it and i can not work at all with live 8... Is there any way to opet projects with older version?

emulemuf

Post by emulemuf » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:43 pm

I can't agree more. I sent crashes reports, I was in contact with ableton support... No solutions. I stopped using Live and my superb useless 3000 bucks superpower computer. I'm a little bit pissed off....

tgilbert

Post by tgilbert » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:16 pm

wtf live 8