Who thinks Ableton Released Live 8 too soon?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
filterstein

Re: Who thinks Ableton Released Live 8 too soon?

Post by filterstein » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:23 pm

The beta for 8 was more stable than the first official version 7 releases.
It seems they learned from that and Ableton did a really good job with version 8.

purplenoise

Re: Who thinks Ableton Released Live 8 too soon?

Post by purplenoise » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:35 am

I am an "extreme" user. I tend to create projects with lots of subs, I have hardware that I sometimes plug in and sometimes leave out of sessions. I have effect racks inside effect racks inside effect racks with hundreds of remote control assignments. I push the program to its limits. Live 7 had no problems with those things even if it took a bit of memory to handle my crazy setups.

Live 8 was dead the moment I tried to open the first project. Apparently my template file causes a crash upon closing it. one of those files with racks inside racks and assignments.

My installation of waves mercury decided to stop working with live 8... what's more, after installing 8 it also decided to stop working with 7!!!

However, using looper, the new audio warp editor and warp algorithm, and trying out the new effects I realized I have seen the future of music creation! ... only too literally :D

oh well, maybe in a few weeks I will have the live 8 I thought I was getting today.

-aurelio