"Configure Mode" not working with dblue Glitch????

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Smellhound

"Configure Mode" not working with dblue Glitch????

Post by Smellhound » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:36 am

I want to midi map the controls in Glitch, but they won't show up in configure mode. Sooooo does that mean I can't even control Glitch via midi in Live 8?

mr.adl

Re: "Configure Mode" not working with dblue Glitch????

Post by mr.adl » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:00 am

Can confirm that. :(

oxygen23

Post by oxygen23 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:25 pm

Smellhound wrote:I want to midi map the controls in Glitch, but they won't show up in configure mode. Sooooo does that mean I can't even control Glitch via midi in Live 8?
I found this problem not only on dblue Glitch, but with some other "big" plugs like Arturia minimoog!!!! I think I'll stick to Live 7 for now :(

Smellhound

Post by Smellhound » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:28 pm

same here! i'm actually quite pissed about this....i spent $190 on a worthless update. now that Ableton is starting to feel their monopoly power they're getting cocky.

oxygen23

Post by oxygen23 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:03 pm

Smellhound wrote:same here! i'm actually quite pissed about this....i spent $190 on a worthless update. now that Ableton is starting to feel their monopoly power they're getting cocky.
You are right..

I was really excited about this feature for solving problems with 128 parameters limitation..

Now I am finding more and more VST's that just don't work with this NEW Configure mode..I found that Discovery Pro VSTi doesn't work either 8O 8O 8O ..

Now I can't automate any of parameters,not even first 128 :?

depaffect

Post by depaffect » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:21 am

yeah this is quite a problem with many VSTs.. z3ta+, fm7, predatohm, lots of freeware VSTs too - totally unautomatable!

luckily if you have something from ableton7 - a clip or project using that VST, you can access the first 128 parameters at least

however i'm sure they'll sort this out soon; as the VSTs that don't work were able to communicate with ableton7 (ie if you moved a parameter on the plugin's GUI the corresponding parameter in ableton would move) .. so i'm not too worried. although it does suck.

oxygen23

Post by oxygen23 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:20 am

depaffect wrote:yeah this is quite a problem with many VSTs.. z3ta+, fm7, predatohm, lots of freeware VSTs too - totally unautomatable!

luckily if you have something from ableton7 - a clip or project using that VST, you can access the first 128 parameters at least

however i'm sure they'll sort this out soon; as the VSTs that don't work were able to communicate with ableton7 (ie if you moved a parameter on the plugin's GUI the corresponding parameter in ableton would move) .. so i'm not too worried. although it does suck.
Damn..It is serious problem,really..It is not a solution to (re)load an old project everytime you want to automate some little parameter of some VST(i) !!!
They (Ableton quarters) should be more carefull with this because this is serious issue I think..
They shouldn't even launch Live 8 without this working right!!!!..
I am suprised how did they allowed launch of faulty product..
Damn..it's not a tiny bug, it's a completely lost and unsafe feature which is one of primary things which is highlighted as a new stuff in Live8 !!!!!

I hope they will fix it soon, and until then we can just wait or hope or we can do parameter automation via Midi CC in modulation :roll:

Come on guys..Fix that stuff!!!

fredlox

Post by fredlox » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:22 am

Can someone say fraud!!

It is what is known as fraud in the inducement..

They have gotten you to buy their product based on certain functions in their ads which do not work.. That is fraud!!!

Can someone say False advertisement..
Vista Ultimate 32 bit, All latest Drivers
Intel Quad Core Q9300 @ 2.50 GHz
XFX nForce 780i SLI mb
4 Gigs Ram
3 tbytes HD's
M-Audio Audiophile 2496
Tascam FW 1884

mr.adl

Post by mr.adl » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:06 am

I started a thread where we should post all plugin where configure mode isn´t working. Please add yours, as i think it might be easier for the Abes to have them all in one thread.
I also wrote to the support pointing them to that thread:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... 33#p876833
Last edited by mr.adl on Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

oxygen23

Post by oxygen23 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:41 am

mr.adl wrote:I started a thread where we should post all plugin where configure mode isn´t working. Please add yours, as i think it might be easier for the Abes to have them all in one thread:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... 33#p876833
thank you mr.adl .. I will certainly move to your thread and help you inform about all VST(i)'s that don't work :)

audiovoid

Post by audiovoid » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:37 pm

Same thing happening in Reaktor as well (or with most parameters, anyways). Although that didn't suprise me at all.
audiovoid.net
Macbook pro,
MacPro 8 core
running OSX, &
WinXP through Bootcamp and Fusion

Electolite

Post by Electolite » Fri May 08, 2009 8:20 am

I agree with everything said on this thread, and I'm usually a devoted fan of everything Ableton. but you're all on the money when it comes to current state of play...

We are faced with re-installing Live 7 because Live 8 can't do the basics it should...Oooopps.

I hope there democratic enough to place some sort of appology on the forum at some point..It's a good thing to acknowledge mistakes and tip your hat to the crowd.. :oops:

However there are a set of stocks in our village and I can get hold of plenty of stuff to throw.. :D :D :P :D :D :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Bat's Dood's ..

zeepster

Post by zeepster » Fri May 08, 2009 10:20 am

Didn't 8.0.2 just fix this? If not then the FAQ here shows a way of fixing it iirc.

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:41 pm

Similar problem here: I can configure it, but if I load up the set again, the plugin doesnt work, and if I open it, or press "configure" again, it crashes. damn this is such an important plug!
KnobCloud - marketplace for audio software

Nial

Post by Nial » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:54 pm

I just tested this again with Glitch...

The trick is to click "Configure" then move the control you want to automate. It should show up with the slider just fine.

I saved the project and reopened it after closing Ableton all the way and it was still mapped just as it was when I closed it. I didn't test if it saved automation but I would expect it to if it's still mapped to a slider...

Does this work with those other plugins as well?
~Nial