Live 8.01: Problem Playing REX files

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
fuzzyhead

Live 8.01: Problem Playing REX files

Post by fuzzyhead » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Hi,

Rex file do open but won't playback properly,in session view with looping enabled,4 bars, it accomplish one cycle
but the second cycle will be incomplete,a period of silence appears always at the same spot and ends
at the very begining of the 3rd cycle,problem restarts at the 4th,same spot as the 2nd,etc..
When you modify to 8 or 16 bars for example,it plays fine these 8 or 16 bars then when next cycle of x bars starts
it won't play the bars 1 and 2.
I tried with different REX files,same thing happens,the spot where playback stops is random.
Same files opened in Live 7.0.15 play normally,any suggestion welcome..

Thanks!

Fuzzy

jok

Re: Live 8.01: Problem Playing REX files

Post by jok » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:40 am

Hi Fuzzyhead,

which operating system do you use? Could you send a small example file that shows the problem to support@ableton.com?

Thanks,
Jörg
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

fuzzyhead

Post by fuzzyhead » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:14 am

Hi Jok,

Thanks for caring about this,problem occurs on my Win XP SP2 (core2duo 2GHZ-2GB ram) machine but does not on my Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.6 one.
I created a live project with one rex file showing this.With the PC machine,the loop runs 2 cycles fine and the 3rd
one is silent after the 1st kick,than again it plays normally,etc..
I'm mailing the file to support@ableton.com specifying my name,your name, and the problem in the subject title .

Regards,Fuzzy 8)

DJMillsy

Post by DJMillsy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:43 am

+1 to this running 8.01 release.

If I set up a loop on the arrange page with no clips in the tracks what so ever and then launch a clip in the session view it plays fine the first time round and then misses a bar on every pass there after.

I am also using a PC with Quad Core running XP.

To clarify:
1) I set the loop brace for 4 bars in the arrange and launch a 1 bar clip in the session view. The clip loops fine for 4 bars, then the first beat of the next bar plays (ie the first beat in the loop brace) and then the clip stops playing (the position marker in the clip view stops it is not just the volume dipping) until the first beat of the second bar when it continues to loop again perfectly. This cycle then continues.

2) If I set the loop brace to 1 bar then the clip will play for one cycle and then stop permenantly.

This does not happen with wav files only Rex files.

emef

Post by emef » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:18 pm

fuzzyhead wrote:Hi,

Rex file do open but won't playback properly,in session view with looping enabled,4 bars, it accomplish one cycle
but the second cycle will be incomplete,a period of silence appears always at the same spot and ends

i get the same problem with rex files

windows xp sp2, centrino2 core2duo 2.53ghz, 2gb ram

jok

Post by jok » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:07 pm

Hi guys,

I can confirm the problem over here, I filed a bug report.

Best,
Jörg
ableton support team
support@ableton.com