Suite 8.0.1 Vista install/run issues.

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Nikos T

Suite 8.0.1 Vista install/run issues.

Post by Nikos T » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:31 pm

I've tried installing Suite 8 (download) twice on my Vista PC and have had the same issue both times. First there is an issue while installing, I get a Windows error saying the external installer has stopped responding and I have the option to close the program, or I can close the error and let it install.

I let it install, and it seems to be fine until I try to run the program, when I get the following error: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.

Any idea what could cause this? I purchased the boxed version, so when that comes I will try to install from disc. I've already installed the downloadable version on my Mac without an issue.

Any and all help would be much appreciated :)

hamzah909

Re: Suite 8.0.1 Vista install/run issues.

Post by hamzah909 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:32 pm

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail."

^^ The same thing happened to me, and i tried a lot of things, nothing has worked... If you find a solution to this, please tell me (I haven't even started using ableton, and i'm having problems :( )