All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hard disk overload blinking? Live 8
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:47 am 

I work in arrangement view and sometimes when i'm working on a part the hard disk overload blinks. Even if i then solo the specific part it will blink. Also if i playback the entire arrangment the hard disk overload will blink only at that part and then go off again.

In live 7 i never had that problem so it seems 8 is seeing hd overloads where there aren't any.

In the beta version 802b1 i see in bugfixes: "Prelistening of encoded audio files could lead to hard disk overloads.", but
for me it happens in the arrangement. Does the bugfix also account for that?

Exactly what i am experiencing: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=108659

If you want to BROWSE, a normal hierarchy browser gets you to where you want to go faster than having to import the folder(s) you want to browse first, and then browse to there again through Live 9.

Post subject: Re: Hard disk overload blinking? Live 8
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:11 am 

Hello,

We discovered a little issue with the beats warp mode - so do you have this issue also when your clips are e.g. in tones mode?

Best,
Christian

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:32 pm 

kleine wrote:
.. a little issue with the beats warp mode - so do you have this issue also when your clips are e.g. in tones mode?

No, as you suspected in tones mode the hard disk overload indicator stops blinking. Glad to know it's a bug, not my drive.

If you want to BROWSE, a normal hierarchy browser gets you to where you want to go faster than having to import the folder(s) you want to browse first, and then browse to there again through Live 9.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:04 pm 

likewise. good to know its a bug.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:50 am 

I can also reproduce this in session view.
Setting warp mode to tones does stop the overloading.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:12 am 

Sorry for bringing up this old topic again but I think the problem still exists. I´m on 8.0.9 and I get hard disk overload for ridiculous few audio tracks. Changing the warp mode to tones fix it but it´s not always the prefered mode.

I´m on Windows 7 64 bit with a good amount of RAM so I have set all audio clips to load into RAM. Beat mode works though I think I have found a bug. If I restart the computer and reopen the project just a small amount loads into RAM. If I shut down Live and open the project again - voila - all clips loads into RAM.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:25 am 

Same, win xp sp2. I think i was fixed it a few versions back, but now in 8.0.9 it's back again and showing itself a lot more.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]