Can't install Dafault packages livepacks in Live 8 Suite

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Piccolo Tigre

Can't install Dafault packages livepacks in Live 8 Suite

Post by Piccolo Tigre » Mon May 04, 2009 10:52 am

Hi,

When i scroll in my first DVD and try to install the livepacks in Defaultpackages folder, i can't, i get a message saying that theses livepacks can only be installed on previous install.

Does anybody else has the same problem?

Helpdesk told me to reinstall the whole library, which i have done with no success, even after reinstalling EIC1 and live7 basics.

K.

timday

Re: Can't install Dafault packages livepacks in Live 8 Suite

Post by timday » Mon May 04, 2009 5:53 pm

I have the same but I think this is because some of the defaults are upgrades to the orchestral instrument collection, which isn't included with live or suite. Looking at what installed and what didn't it looks like the EIC stuff installed and the remaining instruments are OIC. It's a bit confusing because some packs like "xylophone" have the same name in both.

Piccolo Tigre

Post by Piccolo Tigre » Mon May 04, 2009 6:58 pm

Hey,

Thanks, i think you're right. It's just strange that it's included in the default packages ...

K.

timday

Post by timday » Tue May 05, 2009 5:44 pm

I agree, I'm in email discussion with customer support and I'll link to this thread, maybe they can clarify.

timday

Post by timday » Wed May 06, 2009 4:23 pm

OK, I heard back from Ableton, the packs that won't install are definitely OIC. The Live 8 CD provides upgrades to everything whether or not you own it but the upgrades don't install unless you have the original packs.

They will adjust their documentation to make this clearer.