What to do if the EIC Woodwinds pack would not install?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
proceed

Re: What to do if the EIC Woodwinds pack would not install?

Post by proceed » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:19 pm

When I try to use the repair tool and select the Woodwinds.alp it says it was either already repaired or is not corrupted... when I try to install it again it occurs the same error as before.

StickPlayer

Post by StickPlayer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:23 pm

I have the install problem, but it isn't a corrupt DVD. My EIC came with Ableton 6, and installed just fine with that and all though further updates and version 7. I just updated to 8.1.1 Suite, and NOW woodwinds fails to install - usually by a complete crash of ableton 8.1.1.

I don't see how this could possibly be a corrupt DVD?
Oz Stickman
Ableton Live 10 Suite
Intel i5-9400, Windows 10 Pro, 16GB RAM
Komplete Audio 6 interface

dpl

Post by dpl » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:34 pm

proceed wrote:When I try to use the repair tool and select the Woodwinds.alp it says it was either already repaired or is not corrupted... when I try to install it again it occurs the same error as before.
I have exactly the same problem. How can I fix it?

HeadrickProductions

Post by HeadrickProductions » Sat May 22, 2010 12:33 am

just saw this and wanted to say thanks...never really was to concerned about it but will be nice to have it just in case.
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

League

Post by League » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:32 am

I did download the file from the net and STILL is telling me the file is corrupted

StickPlayer

Post by StickPlayer » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:29 am

Well, I got the EIC 2 woodwinds pack, installed it and it's ok except... no alto sax. The entry for "Alto Sax Solo Legato" and "Aloto Sax Solo Legato draft" appears in the woodwinds section of the library, but NONE of their samples are present. I've run a full library repair - still nothing. Sadly, it looks like once again the woodwinds have been messed up. Since 2002, if you you want to look at the start of this thread.

So I just uninstalled EIC2 Woodwinds and reinstalled it. That's the "V3" version. Same problem. Ableton fail.

8 years folks. Ableton...?
Oz Stickman
Ableton Live 10 Suite

StickPlayer

Post by StickPlayer » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:42 am

HELLO ABLETON - does anybody even look here?

Ok, new install on new machine, Ableton 8.1.3 - latest. Everything find, but the "V3" woodwinds - there are NO SAMPLE FILES, just ASD files. Every single one of the woodwinds is missing every single file. When installing it claims it is copying all these files, but they aren't there at all.

Where is the REAL woodwinds pack guys? Or one that works with 8.1.3, under Windows 7 x64? I would like to get this NOW please.
Oz Stickman
Ableton Live 10 Suite

Chevalier D'Aour

Post by Chevalier D'Aour » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:16 pm

Merci !

Dennis DeSantis

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi folks,

Sorry for the problems some people are still having with this, and for the delays in getting back.

I've just updated our initial post on this with another important point - please make sure the replacement zip is completely unzipped before trying to install the Pack. Do NOT try to install the Pack via the Windows zip preview, for example. This may result in a corrupted installation.

Please let me know if you're still having issues.

Thanks,

Eunjihan

Post by Eunjihan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:08 pm

[quote="StickPlayer"]Well, I got the EIC 2 woodwinds pack, installed it and it's ok except... no alto sax. The entry for "Alto Sax Solo Legato" and "Aloto Sax Solo Legato draft" appears in the woodwinds section of the library, but NONE of their samples are present. I've run a full library repair - still nothing. Sadly, it looks like once again the woodwinds have been messed up. Since 2002, if you you want to look at the start of this thread.

So I just uninstalled EIC2 Woodwinds and reinstalled it. That's the "V3" version. Same problem. Ableton fail.

Hi StickPlayer, I have the very same problem. I looked through my waveforms folder and all the woodwinds are there except for the alto sax. I wonder if Ableton are going to fix that Woodwinds package. If not, any chance they can send out a DVD instead? :)

selfstoragekissimmee

Post by selfstoragekissimmee » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:30 am

Thanks for the hints.. after several minutes of configuring it works. :wink:
If your looking for top quality and most recommended self storage Kissimmee. Visit The Attic, provide storage units Kissimmee.

bartend7

Post by bartend7 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:21 am

where do you find the individual packs to install?

my cymbal pack on multi mic drums was messed up for the mac. so installed it on a pc, then copied the files back to my mac. but i may have missed something so i just wanted to know where to find the individual packs?

DMJY

Post by DMJY » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:21 am

I don't know how to solve it ,so I ask for help from you

frazfraz

Post by frazfraz » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:45 am

I downloaded the EIC woodwind package from the link on this thread but there was nothing to extract according to windows OS !!!! :(

What a hassle.....

I've emailed tech support asking them to send a copy of the disc as soon as possible. All other installations of livepacks have gone without any problems.....

frazfraz

Post by frazfraz » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:44 am

Just received the replacement disc today via UPS - This only took a few days to arrive after writing an email to their support team. Thankyou very much for the great support............. :D