LIVE 803 REWIRE INCONSISTENCIES...

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
head

LIVE 803 REWIRE INCONSISTENCIES...

Post by head » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:05 am

WITH LOGIC 722+ OR 8+, when used in rewire mode, a number of bugs appear:

1 record a structure to the arrange page often results in the tracks being transferred as planned but actually being empty.
The color and length of the clips appear on the timeline, but they are actually empty.

2 There are some glitching bars here and there. enough to make it impossible to mix anything down acceptably.
they are like little jumps - generally on the one of a bar OR on the 1 of a loop within a looping clip on the timeline.

I have experienced these consistently and am having to not use live on some of these jobs.
not a good thing.
THank
M
M.T"head"
1_Mac Pro Quad
2_Macbook pro 13'
Apogee / Motu /etc

Airwave

Re: LIVE 803 REWIRE INCONSISTENCIES...

Post by Airwave » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:00 am

I reported this more than three weeks ago, we were still at 8.0.1. It looks like even 8.0.4 won't fix this issue. This is definitely a bug. Most ironic is that the files created are playing normally once you check them in the finder, even at 32 bit depth.

It didn't make it high enough in Ableton's priority list for now, but as this feature is essential to many, I'm sure it will be fixed soon. I expected in 8.0.4 but no luck, let's hope with 8.0.5. then.

The only fix I found for you, is that you run Live 7 instead. Live 7.0.15 works like a charm with logic in most cases.
OOPS

head

Re: LIVE 803 REWIRE INCONSISTENCIES...

Post by head » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:24 am

Thanks for your reply, and it's a comfort to know that I wasn't imagining it!
LIVE 7 may be just the right thing to do when working on jobs, absolutely.
A couple of ongoing jobs have been started and are quite advanced on LIVE 8, so I may have to finish them but consolidation or exports may be happening
as 8.4 won't address these.
Best.
M
M.T"head"
1_Mac Pro Quad
2_Macbook pro 13'
Apogee / Motu /etc