Live 4.1 - Wont recognise ASIO driver !

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
wildcon

Live 4.1 - Wont recognise ASIO driver !

Post by wildcon » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:51 am

Hi,

I am arming a track for recording audio but only get input if I choose the Direct x driver option. I get nothing at all when choosing ASIO.

My preferences are set up for ASIO (DMX6 Fire) and I have not had a problem using Live 3.

Are there some other preferences etc in version 4 that I have to set ?

Thanks

Alex

Post by Alex » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:13 pm

Hi wildcon,

when you access the DMX6 Fire using ASIO, do you have enabled the desired input channels in the audio preferences? (under the "Input config" button)

regards,
Alex

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:56 am

Hi Alex,

Yes i have enabled all possible inputs, although I actually only use the 'line in' inputs.

I tried the ASIO inputs from my Novation Remote 25 audio yesterday and recorded without a problem.

I have read several posts about people having problems with the ASIO drivers and I would be interested to hear from anyone using the Terratec DMX6 fire drivers without any trouble.

Resident

Post by Resident » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:03 pm

Maybe you are running Guitarport and another Asio driver soundcard.
There maybe a confl;ict with guitarport i had the same problem and sold the guitarport. No problems anymore.

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:48 am

Hi wildcon,

can you please send me the logfile of Live. It is normally located in

"C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Ableton\Live 4.0.1\Preferences\Log.txt".

By default this folder is hidden, so maybe you have to change your settings to get this log file.

regards,
Alex

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:07 am

I do have the GuitarPort software installed and the drivers for POD xt (not the latest - would this make a difference ?)

Alex, I will get the logfile later today and send it on to you (probably tomorrow).

Many thanks.

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:05 am

Alex,

Stupidly forgot to bring in the disc with the log file on (the nightmare of not having an internet connection at home !).

However, I took Resident's advice and uninstalled the Line 6 Gtr Port software and (fingers crossed) everything seems to be fine. All the DMX6 Fire inputs now show up under 'Ext In' and Inputs 3 & 4 (line in) are accepting my awful gtr twanging - Fantastic. Input 9 & 10 are also showing data being recieved, but I have no idea what this is ?

I will send the Log file tomorrow as I'm sure that will help in understanding the problem.

I'm using the Line 6 Pod xt and was using Gtr Port for the software interface which was better than the Line 6 edit version.

Thanks again guys.

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:36 am

Alex,

Log mailed directly to you.

Thanks