windows 7 plug in problems am I the only one who...

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
andy c

windows 7 plug in problems am I the only one who...

Post by andy c » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:17 am

is having trouble getting live 8 to see some vsti's. I have some oldies from Big Tick some work some dont but its years since they where updated so I didnt expect much. Imposcar works well but can I get VSM so work no chance, I get a big crash when the scan gets to the vsm.dll. It works in Energy XT under W7 just fine. I tried trashing the pref file and that didt work. I have now managed to 'unlock' my live that was on my last licence. So unless I find a way round this I am back on the vista partition :cry: . Shame as i was loving W7 nice low dpc latency once the acpi battery driver was turned off. Any ideas? I am loathed to get a new licence for live until I know i can at least run my new vsti's.

arielgraff

Re: windows 7 plug in problems am I the only one who...

Post by arielgraff » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:17 pm

andy c wrote:is having trouble getting live 8 to see some vsti's. I have some oldies from Big Tick some work some dont but its years since they where updated so I didnt expect much. Imposcar works well but can I get VSM so work no chance, I get a big crash when the scan gets to the vsm.dll. It works in Energy XT under W7 just fine. I tried trashing the pref file and that didt work. I have now managed to 'unlock' my live that was on my last licence. So unless I find a way round this I am back on the vista partition :cry: . Shame as i was loving W7 nice low dpc latency once the acpi battery driver was turned off. Any ideas? I am loathed to get a new licence for live until I know i can at least run my new vsti's.
You are not the only one and I am utterly upset about the lack of attention this is getting!!!!

I paid almost $900 for my Ableton Suite 8 and $600 for Omnisphere, Dimension Pro, Wave Arts Power Suite and I CANNOT use them in LIVE 8.

andy c

Post by andy c » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:40 pm

I have just sent tech support a mail asking if they are looking at w7 problems and if not when can we expect them to. Shame they could really get ahead of the game with this. But you got to bare in mind all the rough spots that need sorting with live 8 under vista. Will let you know if it is worth sending in the crash reports from w7 crashes when I hear from them.

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:50 pm

arielgraff wrote:I paid almost $900 for my Ableton Suite 8 and $600 for Omnisphere, Dimension Pro, Wave Arts Power Suite and I CANNOT use them in LIVE 8.
In Live 8 or Win 7?
arielgraff wrote:...and I am utterly upset about the lack of attention this is getting!!!!
You're upset about Ableton not catering for a not-yet-released OS?

.m

andy c

Post by andy c » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:11 pm

Just heard there is no planned date for w7 support or major testing from ableton. So if w7 works for you and your plug's consider yourself lucky. If not like me it is back to vista for a year or so. What i expected really to be honest, but at least I know to draw a line and move on.

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:23 pm

XP sp3 FTW!
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

andy c

Post by andy c » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:54 pm

Cant get further than 10 min's into the XP install without a BSD, I did look up this on the net and to be honest the fix went way over my head I am not that technically minded. I think my problems will get sorted as soon as w7 is a current and not RC system. By which time I could well be on a mac, maybe i have just been unlucky but with 2 pc laptop purchases this year so far and a whole lot of problems with both of them i am running out of good will.

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:50 pm

Ha! :D

You're not technically minded but chooses to run a beta OS for a DAW. Brave!

.m

andy c

Post by andy c » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:10 pm

Brave definitely not
desperate yes!

Had no end of trouble with DPC latency on vista caused by the acpi battery driver on my laptop. w7 was better but still I had to disable that driver in the device manager to get a low reading on the dpc latency checker.

Tan

Post by Tan » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:13 pm

Hi Andy, aside from the fact that you have these plug-in problems on an OS that has just become RTM, it will take time for various applications to smooth out in the new Windows release.

Sure low latency is great but at what sacrifice? Besides, if your DAW is working (say in XP and/or VISTA) I would wait it out till Ableton and/or M$ release updates.

My personal experience has been that Ableton is very unstable in Windows 7 RTM (to many crashes even on compatibility mode). I always creat an image of my drive before diving into a new OS.

Just hang in there and I'm sure Ableton will be up and running in no time.

Besides, Windows 7 has way too much eye candy that you would have to disable anyways ;)

--
Cheers from Canada!

Tan