Spaces in Leopard 10.5.7 with Live 8.0.4 - UI Problems

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
blastique

Spaces in Leopard 10.5.7 with Live 8.0.4 - UI Problems

Post by blastique » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:52 am

Hi all,

I just updated to Live 8.0.4 today, and along with the lovely bugfixes that were made, I was hoping to no longer see the ever-annoying issue I've been having with Spaces + Live since I upgraded to 8.

I am aware of someone posting about their issues with spaces in regards to Leopard / Live not switching to the respective space it is assigned to, however my problem is a bit more severe.

Sometimes when opening projects, the titlebar changes to reflect the project name, however the display doesn't "change" (i.e. it visually appears to be the default template). Furthermore, the UI stops responding. In actual fact, bringing up all my Spaces, and then returning to the Space in which Live resides updates the display and I can continue working. This is intermittent.

Everything is fine at this point, right up until I go into Arrange View and click on a pull-down menu for a channel strip plugin's Automated Parameters list. If the list is long, and i attempt to scroll the list, the list won't scroll and moving the mouse over an item does not cause that parameter to be highlighted. However, the rest of the Arrange Window parameters (i.e. physical automation lines, clips, select tool etc...) respond.

I have the bottom right corner of my screen configured in Expose to bring up my Spaces. So far, using this is the only temporary remedy to the issue with the UI / Automation parameters pull-down menu list. What I have to do each time I wish to select a parameter is:

1. Click on the pull-down menu
2. Try and scroll the list (just to check if it works)
3. Mutter vulgarities quietly
4. Flick my mouse pointer to the bottom right of my screen to initiate Spaces view
5. Reselect Space (1) in which Live is running
6. Enjoy being able to scroll the parameter list and select what I want once.
7. If I wish to select another automation parameter from the list, I have to repeat the process from step 3 onwards.

Can this be fixed somehow? It is terribly inconvenient working in this way. :(

Thanks for your time.

-Reuben
milehighsounds.com | blastique.com
Ableton Certified Trainer
Malaysia

soundcloud.com/blastique

blastique

Re: Spaces in Leopard 10.5.7 with Live 8.0.4 - UI Problems

Post by blastique » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:41 am

*bump*

Any ideas? I've emailed support already. Just waiting on a response now from either source :)
milehighsounds.com | blastique.com
Ableton Certified Trainer
Malaysia

soundcloud.com/blastique