visual C++ runtime error when using live suite 8.0.4 demo

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
SeizedPropaganda

visual C++ runtime error when using live suite 8.0.4 demo

Post by SeizedPropaganda » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:44 pm

I am having a major issue with live suite 8.0.4 and I was hoping someone here could help shed some light on the situation.

I've been using Live 7 forever and have never had any real problems with it, but I decided to try 8 to see if I wanted to upgrade. I keep getting these random runtime errors, especially when I drag clips over from session view into arrangement view. The error states the application has caused the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way and then I have to force quit it.

I'm using windows xp sp2, and as I said before this problem does not happen in my version of live 7.

I've searched the forum and found other threads about runtime errors but for older versions of live, and none of them seemed to offer any solutions. Thank you in advance for any help, its much appreciated.

Tone Deft

Re: visual C++ runtime error when using live suite 8.0.4 demo

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:50 pm

if you send the set (with or without audio) to support@ableton.com with "Live 8 demo runtime error" in the subject Ableton might be able to address it.
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"

SeizedPropaganda

Post by SeizedPropaganda » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:57 pm

Ok it seems I might have narrowed down the issue. The error only seems to occur when I have multiple scenes running the vst samplemoog. When I just have it on one scene I can drag the clips from session to arrangement no problem. As soon as I add a new midi clip and open a new instance of samplemoog, for example to do an entirely new instrument on it, thats when the error seems to occur. I'm going to go ahead and install the rest of my VSTs and see if it happens with the rest of them or if its just samplemoog. After that I think I'll be able to submit a more detailed bug report. I'll make one last post after I test out everything else and see if I can narrow it down to just samplemoog.

UPDATE:

So after some more testing it seems that samplemoog was the culprit. I've tested out various other vsts such as massive and absynth and running multiple instances of them isn't causing any issues. It seems samplemoog just doesn't want to play nicely in live with other VSTs. I've found a workaround for the time being, I'm just going to run samplemoog in FL and rewire that into Live. Been running this for about an hour and no more crashes. I'm going to make a small set and include samplemoog with some other plugins and give instructions on how to re-create the crash, hope it helps the devs a bit.
Last edited by SeizedPropaganda on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:11 pm

if you check the sticky at the top of this forum
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25171
you'll see that Ableton are tracking issues with specific plugs, please do report what you find and I'm sure they'd love to see your set. put "SampleMoog" into the title.

I don't work for them, these are assumptions. I'd love it anyway, it also helps me. ;)
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"