All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [6303] 8.1.1 crashing all the time
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:14 pm 

Woh

so, i did some basic layouts on a mac on 8.1, moved the set to 8.1.1 on a PC and now the set is crashing relentlessly. Everytime i drag and drop a track to a different location it crashes... balls.

Post subject: Re: 8.1.1 crashing all the time
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:40 am 

Got VST's?

I'm having a similar problem on Live 5 - random crashes anytime I load or change a VST synth.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:55 am 

nope VST. It's not a live 5 issue, it's the latest 8.1.1 update, no turning back now i've saved my project!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:48 pm 

ok another set that had nothing to do with the mac just crashed now it won't open again without crashing... does anyone actually reply in this forum? angry!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:41 pm 

Well I found another way to crash 8.1.1.
Run the driver error compensation set, put it on loop and record over and over. during recording try to set the compensation value in the preferences. Live crashes instantly. I always used to set the driver error compensation like this. On the fly changing the value until the sound matches.

I jut hope that I post this in the right corner and someone takes care about this bug. Just installed the update but already crashed 5 times.

Best regards.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:46 pm 

Hm, i had better stability with 8.1 actually.

Got some probs with Battery 3 on Wind XP now, anybody else experience this?
Somehow Live freezes and i have to kill Live via the taskmanager, especially when i use the stretch mode in Battery and play around with the "Speed" "Smooth" and "Grain" Paramter. :(

Never had any probs with Live and Battery 3 before.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:02 pm 

damn it, thanks guys but your not really helping by hijacking this thread,

i now have a set that won't open at all. It's 8.1.1 on a pc laptop, dual core 2.2.

It just gets to opening samples and then crashes every time at the same point, put together this and the last crashes i had it's a pretty dismal release for me, i can't go back to 8.1 now so no point in talking about other releases..

BALLS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:14 pm 

This may be related, since the end result is a set that crashes on load.

I create a project, fill it with VSTs on audio channels and on return channels, then block select all the audio channels and hit DELETE to delete them all, that causes live to crash. If that doesn't crash it, then if I do the same thing on the return channels (delete them all) that does it.

If I delete one channel at a time, deleting the VST first, then the channel, then Live *doesn't* crash.

Once Live has crashed (on Windows XP) then the process won't die (even after a log out/log in) and I have to restart to get rid of it.

So here is the similarity: when I reload Live, I get told that Live can restore from the saved undo history. Every time I do this after a crash of this type, Live crashes again. So, the saved undo history is getting corrupted at some point during the failing operation.

This could well be the same thing that corrupted your project.

I hope this helps the Abes track down the issue, but in the meantime, get them your project file and they might be able to fix it for you.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:53 am 

agreed. it's pretty ridiculous. whenever i move a track with a vst it crashes. what a joke.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:39 am 

Hmmm, my new set that has been crashing and WONT EVER OPEN has ONE VST, Ohmforce ohmicide, one instance that's it.. maybe these are related.. Thanks, they might fix it? What do i email it too?

But saying that, i had a problem moving tracks on a merged set with no vst's at all, actually hardly any effects.

Come on Ableton, i got work to do and i might have to jump ship after all these years!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:57 am 

Email support. It'll take a few mails back and forth to nail down the problem, but if you stick with it and give them everythin they ask for they should be able to help, and it'll help fix bugs for all of us.

Do me a favour and throw my info from above in your bg report too!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:13 am 

I had the same problem worked on a macbook with 8.1 switched too a mac pro with 8.1.1 an continu crashes

Mac pro quad xeon osx 10.5.8 - Rme fireface uc - Novation launchpad - Uad2 quad - Access virus ti - Moog slim phatty.

Post subject: Re: [6303] 8.1.1 crashing all the time
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:02 am 

Hey Sorry i'd already emailed when i saw your post, they got back to me and asked for the sets, but i've been waiting a week nearly with no reply, no suggestions as yet so fingers crossed. This is THE most unstable Live i've ever had since i began on Live 5!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:06 am 

I'm having similar problems with Live. Crashing and also crackling and general dropouts.

Out of interest - are you running it on Snow Leopard?

Can't help thinking it might be a combination of new OSX & new Live.

www.ozgoode.com
www.twitter.com/ozgoode

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:27 pm 

im not upgrading to snow leopard for a while.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next