not able to export to wav - crashes serious error message

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
cosypete

not able to export to wav - crashes serious error message

Post by cosypete » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:45 pm

Hi guys,

just sharing a problem with you.

I have Live 8 suite 8.0.4
M-audio Fast Track ultra with the latest drivers
Windows Xp service pack 2
AMD athlon 64x2 dual core processor 4200+ 2.21 Ghz 3.62 GB of ram

I have been recording with a friend a song that we are now ready to mix. The Live file is 10.6 gig
When I went to export the file as a mix it gets to 52% then freezes and then the serious error message comes up.
I went and froze and flattened most tracks trying to see if that worked. Some of the wavs that I have recorded via the FT ultra would not let me freeze them. Again it get to 52% and the serious error message comes up.

I have recorded the files at 32 bit and there are about 8 tracks of recorded stuff. There are a number of VST's included some Live Suite stuff too. I have exported at 32 and 24 bit as I am unable to export at 16 as anything recorded through the FT Ultra comes out with a metallic hiss to it. If I export (and I have done on may times) to 32 or 24 there is no problem and I just convert it to 16 ready to burn.

Any ideas what the problem is ?
How to fix it and it not any ways round the problem as I can't tell my friend that I will never ever be able to burn his CD.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers Cosy Pete

jok

Re: not able to export to wav - crashes serious error message

Post by jok » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:42 am

hi cosypete,

please contact support@ableton.com
Make sure to include your log.txt as described here:

http://www.ableton.com/pages/support/co ... al_support

Best,
Jörg
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

cosypete

Post by cosypete » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:07 pm

Thanks Jorg,

just sending the details and log file to support now.

Thanks for the suggestion

much appreciated

Cosy Pete

Atardecer

Post by Atardecer » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:35 am

Have you tried freezing and flattening every track that has a third-party plug on it? I've had these problems in some sets and its usually down to just one plugin. That it crashes at 52% every time suggests that you have a track somewhere that starts about halfway thru your set that has a plug inserted thats not behaving. Try to isolate the track in question and freeze it and if it crashes then theres one of the culprits. Remove it and it will probably work (unless there's another). Unfortuntaely this happens to me with anything from NI or IK Multimedia in Live 8. Live 8 is really pissing me off :evil:

Jim

cosypete

Post by cosypete » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:02 am

thanks Atardecer,

I will try that when I have a moment. I have tried to freeze and flatten them and there was one track that was a recorded guitar track that wouldn't flatten and caused problems. The only thing that puzzled me was that I have exported the same track in a previous version and it worked.

Thanks for the advice and I will certainly give that a go.

Have a nice day

Cosy Pete