Export audio crashes every second time

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Riftah

Export audio crashes every second time

Post by Riftah » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:42 pm

This is a strange one. I'm running a Macbook Pro 2.33 Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 Gigs of Ram. I just recently upgraded to Version 8 (8.0.4) so I'm still getting used to this, but when I try to export audio, the first time works fine, but when trying a second time, I get the infinite pinwheel of doom, which leaves me no choice but to "force quit". I've tried different sample rates, bit depth, aif, wav, still the same thing.

Anyone else experiencing this as well and if so, any known tweakage to help with the problem? Hopefully it's just user error on my part.

Many thanks

jok

Re: Export audio crashes every second time

Post by jok » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:13 am

Hi Riftah,

please contact support@ableton.com with your log.txt (user/library/preferences/ableton/live 8.0.4) and your crash log (user/library/logs/crash-reporter/live xx xx xx crash) attached.

Best,
Jörg
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

FadY

Post by FadY » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

I had the same problem on a vista system and sent a crash file generated by a beta version... It was something like a month ago... Do you have any clue?
I think the problem is coming from some plugins. I was using TN303 pluggin.

Where is the crash log on vista systems?

Juda

Post by Juda » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:25 am

Hello

I Have Big time trouble when i want to export audio files from ableton 8 in order for usage in recycle to convert them to rex. There are to kinds of bugs im encountering when trying to export...first one is that after 20 minutes of waiting (im talking about exporting not 40 audios as i would want to but ONE SHORT audio file recorded in ableton) it finally crashes (see the bug report on the top of my post). The second bug while exporting also one file is that when it finally is done i cannot open it with not a single program (in recycle it says file cannot be opened couse its an unknown format or corrupted...same thing in itunes...not a sound from that new exported AiF or WAVE file).
So Im looking for a fast reply on this matter and a solution or a quick patch how to deal with this couse as far i can see it i bought a software for 400 euros that is useless to me atm.

Best Regards

Marcin

Juda

Post by Juda » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:18 am

Ok so i managed to open the audios while croping all the audios first...now i can open them from folder projects particulary from "crop" folder.
But this is only possible with audios that i droped from browser in ableton. The audio i recorder from Reaktor into ableton is still corrupted and cannot be opened in recycle or any other program that reads audio files. Even when i crop it its the same a part from the audio files droped from abletons browser. Is anyone has problems like this? Maybe Im doing smth wrong. HELP!

best,
Marcin

Juda

Post by Juda » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:44 am

Still no solution for exporting and opening audios recorded from VST plugin like reaktor 5...still the files are corrupted or unknown format and cannot be opened in recycle or any other audio player. HEEELP!!!!

Juda

Post by Juda » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:24 pm

It seems that export audio feature crashes only when its set to 24 and 32 bit for me. When im setting to 16 bit it exports with no problems and can open it in recycle and other audio readers. That need to be fix in upcoming patch.

cheers!

Juda

FadY

Post by FadY » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:24 am

... nothing from the support team about this... ???

Henrik Hahn

Post by Henrik Hahn » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:55 pm

Hi Juda,

Recycle only supports bit rates up to 24 bit. 32 bit is not supported by Recycle and therefore won't be loaded. Are you sure, it does not load the 24 bit files?

Afaik also iTunes does not support any bit rate other than 16 and 44.1kHz sample rate.

regards