mapping Nano Kontrol to track activator?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
rbanks

mapping Nano Kontrol to track activator?

Post by rbanks » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:30 pm

I'm trying to use the buttons on the Nano Kontrol as track activators. The problem is when they are mapped, I hit the button and it only activates the track until I let go of the button. I'd like the mapping to activate the track when I hit it, and then deactivate when I hit a second time. It's not feasible to hold the button down...

I'm able to map my mac keypad in such a way. But I want to use the controller. Any suggestions?
MBP 4GB, MOTU Traveler, APC40, Axiom 25, FCB 1010, Roland Fantom X6, Ableton Live 8.09, Logic Pro 8 (<>) (<>)

www.myspace.com/strangerprophecy

outershpongolia

Re: mapping Nano Kontrol to track activator?

Post by outershpongolia » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:49 pm

You need to get the Korg Kontrol Editor from their website so that you can change the buttons from "momentary" to "toggle" so that they will light up and STAY lit until you hit the button again to turn them off.. Hope this helps

MetroSonus

Re: mapping Nano Kontrol to track activator?

Post by MetroSonus » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:50 pm

momentary will work fine for triggering clips. you most likely need to adjust your track activation to latching instead of trigger. it could also be the problem that your clip is not looped.