Could Not be Read Corrupted Not Licensed

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
psi

Could Not be Read Corrupted Not Licensed

Post by psi » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:01 pm

Hi, I have a major headache at the moment. I am trying to import a wav file that was recorded at 44.1khz on my ipod. I keep getting the error message above.I have tried to import by converting it to aif. and mp3 but still does not like it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
apple imac 3.06 ghz
macbook pro 17"

tomur

Re: Could Not be Read Corrupted Not Licensed

Post by tomur » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:46 am

Have the same problem with a bunch of mp3s, my private one work fine as well, but the mp3s i got from a friend dont work with the error msg.
he copyd them from his mac to my External HD.
i work with windows Vista :/ 64bit
look into the mirror of your insanity...

pushtobreak

Post by pushtobreak » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:56 am

This is killing me too! I can't open a bunch of wav files of samples I made from my own recordings a while back. I can open them in with Quicktime (which I just upgraded). All the files appear to be fine but I can't use them in Live.
Please somebody have a cure...I'm trying to meet a deadline on providing content for a software release and am running out of time. I really need this to work!

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:13 am

If you can't get them to play with any program this may not help, but if you can find a way to play them with something other than Live like Windows Media Player or something, this is what I did.

Make your interface 1/2 outputs your main system ouputs..

then run outputs 1/2 into inputs 1/2, set it to record in Live, play the tracks from whatever player will work with said files and you should be able to record what your system sound is outputting.

I didn't have the same problem, I had DVD's that I didn't feel like ripping or trying to get the audio out of so I popped them in played them with Windows Media Player and then made a real hardware connection to record it back into Live.
This was for a small sound sample for my brothers band.

I guess this might help in a tough situation with a deadline coming up, not exactly ideal, but i got the idea from Live's Driver Error Compensation built-in lesson where you have to make a real hardware connection...

pushtobreak

Post by pushtobreak » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:18 am

Thanks but I really need to figure out what's wrong here. I've got like hundreds of individually chopped custom drum samples that I need to work with.

shacktown

Post by shacktown » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:24 am

Bump!

I'm seeing the same problem with an MP3 that I recorded with my H4 handheld recorder. I have done this dozens of times with no problems. The MP3 plays correctly in WMP and iTunes, plus I have used iTunes to convert it to WAV, AIFF....still no luck.

I'm using Live 8.0.5......any ideas anyone???

Thanks!

pushtobreak

Post by pushtobreak » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:51 am

I'm having the problem in Live 7 and 8. Thankfully new wavs seem okay but a whole lot of wavs just don't play with Live no mo!
Major work flow kill!

pushtobreak

Post by pushtobreak » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:25 pm

Just got a 2nd reply back from support and thought I'd put it here in case it can help anyone else. Apparently bad header info...however, all the files work fine in Logic, Reason, and Audio Finder....hmmmmm.

"Hi,

after importing the file into Audacity and re-saving it, i was able to import it into Live.

Maybe the files got damaged somehow.

Try to batch load/save the files. This will add a proper header to the files and you should be able to use the files again.

Let me know if this helped or if you need further infos.

Kind Regards,
Michael

Michael Duehr
Ableton Technical Support"

retrodisko

Post by retrodisko » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:27 am

Same issue here, I was working no problem with Ableton 8.0.4 And I upgrade to Window s7 All files has been always in a second hard drive,

Now i reopen a project i done 2 weeks ago and simply half of the files cant open, the same legend,

I have tons of files mostly mp3 that are in that condition..

Any solution ?'
patch or something, ?? why all the other softwares can play them except Ableton.?

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:04 am

This problem happened today, the weird thing is the corrupt files were files recorded in ableton.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:17 pm

i find it very odd that there has not been any official replies to these problems, especially considering how many threads and reports there have been about this. i too have had this problem, and the "bad header" thing just gets me to chuckle a bit. if i record something/create something with a piece of software, surely that software should save it with a proper header so that the same software that was used to create it would be able to open it?

also, how come all other programs can open the files just fine?
really ableton, this needs to be adressed and it needs to be adressed right this very moment.
we dont care about salsa live clips, we dont care about 1k presets for yet another instrument, we want basic funtionality that works. after that we can install useless salsaloops.

the fact that you have to re-record something that you did with live is just incredibly stupid, and should be fixed.
also: where the guarantee that once it was has been re-recorded it will work?

fix it. now. or give us a discount for the update. i dont fancy paying to beta test things that are announced as stable.

pushtobreak

Post by pushtobreak » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:45 pm

I recommend sending requests to support and posting there answers here (like I did). This topic needs to be bumped up as much as possible so it gets the attention it deserves. When I contacted support they were pretty fast about getting back and I was glad to find a work around but, I agree this should be fixed on their end. They need to hear at support that this is a serious issue and I'm not sure they're checking the forum that much. There is no way I can search through and save everything in Audacity nor should anyone have too...that is simply not a solution.

retrodisko

Post by retrodisko » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:23 pm

INSTALL QUICKTIME SOLVED,,,

pushtobreak

Post by pushtobreak » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:47 pm

That didn't work for me. I even have Quicktime Pro updated.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:34 pm

retrodisko wrote:INSTALL QUICKTIME SOLVED,,,
yeah that doesnt work for me either, so no. not solved.