Could Not be Read Corrupted Not Licensed

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Jan Holm

Re: Could Not be Read Corrupted Not Licensed

Post by Jan Holm » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:07 pm

Getting this also on my new machine.

Windows 7 x64
Ableton Live 7.016

Zygi

Post by Zygi » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:23 pm

For me it was Traktor's tags... sometimes when I'm really pissed off I just decode to wav and to mp3 again. Should be working everytime, just as it is for me.

Jan Holm

Post by Jan Holm » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:40 pm

Zygi wrote:For me it was Traktor's tags... sometimes when I'm really pissed off I just decode to wav and to mp3 again. Should be working everytime, just as it is for me.
Don't really want to go that route. Tjeck this

http://www.beigerecords.com/cory/Things_I_Made/Maiden

Zygi

Post by Zygi » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:53 pm

Hm... That sound awful, but we can't say anything without seeing LAME settings..
Last edited by Zygi on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jan Holm

Post by Jan Holm » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:31 pm

Zygi wrote:Hm... That sound awful, but I we can't say anything without seeing LAME settings..
My point was that any kind of re-encoding mp3 equals loss of quality - no matter
how LAME is set.

pushtobreak

Post by pushtobreak » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:50 pm

Okay for those still on the topic :D ...My problem it turns out was caused by the file extensions somehow having mysteriously changed to .wav when they were .aiff's!! :oops: So, technically not Abletons fault at all...however as has been noted no other programs seem to have had a problem reading those files...it would be a good thing if Live would recognize the format and not the extension and seems like it would be fairly simple to implement but, hey, I program beats not code so what do I know.

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:37 pm

so did you just change the extension and it worked out for you?

pushtobreak

Post by pushtobreak » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:04 am

Yes, thankfully in AudioFinder you can "power rename".... find .wav replace with .aiff...that made things very easy. I guess it's not an answer for the mp3 problems but maybe there is a clue in there...check the file extensions...or another clue might be, in the case of wav/aiffs I found out that even though Live use 32 bit internally it didn't play/load 32 bit files either (I'm not sure if that was a floating point issue or what but Reason couldn't play those files either) When I converted them to 16bit all was good.

dodeca

Post by dodeca » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:13 am

Bump for Ableton response.

This problem is driving me insane. It's happening only selectively on some of my MP3s, making importing a hit and miss affair... which is a severe pain in the ass when playing out.

I didn't have the problem before, but I'm presently running Live off an XP partition that runs side by side with a Win7 partition. You think that could be the problem?

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:05 am

dodeca wrote:Bump for Ableton response.

This problem is driving me insane. It's happening only selectively on some of my MP3s, making importing a hit and miss affair... which is a severe pain in the ass when playing out.

I didn't have the problem before, but I'm presently running Live off an XP partition that runs side by side with a Win7 partition. You think that could be the problem?

no. people are having these issues on all 3 platforms. no matter if they dual or single boot, or bootcamp it or whatever.

RCUS

Post by RCUS » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:03 am

This one just bit me too. I finally got some time to organize about 500 tracks I had warped and now I'm getting this message sporadically. I'm going to try installing QuickTime next but I'm also checking to see if telling my PC to "show file extensions" is the culprit perhaps?

I will know in a bit, but if anyone fixed this I'd love to hear. I am on 8.0.5 as well.

RCUS

Post by RCUS » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:33 am

Well it works for me now and it was one of two things if you're running windows:

1) install QuickTime and make sure to associate your filetypes to QuickTime as a default.
2) go to any folder, select Tools>Folder options>View> and make sure "hide extensions for known filetypes" is UN-checked.

Not sure which one did the trick, but it's working fine now.

toscanini

Post by toscanini » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:37 pm

Another weird variety here: I have never had this problem with Live7 and now I have it with Live8 that I've just been running as demo so far. Some mp3s and flacs announce corrupted or not licensed.

The previous post rang a bell: as a matter of fact I did have changed the default player of all music files from itunes to VLC. I was not too enthousiastic about changing everything back, so I just tested it by changing back one music file. Now it seems like everything works again.

Tee Dee

Post by Tee Dee » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:30 pm

Yes, I had this problem too. I'm running Windows 7, Live 8.1. Who knows why, but installing Quicktime appears to have fixed it. Odd.

Jan Holm

Post by Jan Holm » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:09 pm

Tee Dee wrote:Yes, I had this problem too. I'm running Windows 7, Live 8.1. Who knows why, but installing Quicktime appears to have fixed it. Odd.
Same here - installing/updating quicktime seems to be the thing