Default Packages folder in Live.app

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Korhan

Default Packages folder in Live.app

Post by Korhan » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:41 pm

Hello there,

I've just realized that when I display the package contents of the Live.app in Applications, it contains a folder called Default Packages that is more than 1GB big and consists entirely of .alp files, including LatinPercussion_v8.1 (size: 436MB), Live8Library_v8.2 (size: 259MB), etc. Maybe this is a stupid question, but aren't the contents of these .alp files already installed in the Live Library, which resides in a separate folder? Would it be safe to delete them (or move them to another harddisk)? It even contains EIC2 files (they are quite small in size) even though I don't have EIC2.

Best,

Korhan
Computer: MBP M1Pro 32GB 1TB, MixPre 6 MKII
Hardware: Syntrx II, Matriarch, Hydrasynth, Minifreak, Nord Drum 2, Modular (mainly Make Noise)
Controllers: Push 3, Launchpad Mk3, Launch Control, Sensel Morph, PC4, Nanokontrol

enTRAP AG

Re: Default Packages folder in Live.app

Post by enTRAP AG » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:05 pm

As far as I know, DefaultPackages are only used at first launch or probably if you run the library verification,, if errors need to be repaired. I would never say DELETE is OK, but it's probably safe to move to another disk and if you need them, you can just pop them back over.

Korhan

Post by Korhan » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Thanks for the reply! Ideally I'd like to delete them forever and your solution is a good test for that. If Live stops working, then I'll move them back in.

Best,

Korhan
Computer: MBP M1Pro 32GB 1TB, MixPre 6 MKII
Hardware: Syntrx II, Matriarch, Hydrasynth, Minifreak, Nord Drum 2, Modular (mainly Make Noise)
Controllers: Push 3, Launchpad Mk3, Launch Control, Sensel Morph, PC4, Nanokontrol

esaruoho

Post by esaruoho » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:50 pm

Korhan wrote:Thanks for the reply! Ideally I'd like to delete them forever and your solution is a good test for that. If Live stops working, then I'll move them back in.
Well, what was the result?
I just wiped my DefaultPackages folder because it was 1.8gb of size and that's just a no go for me! Latin Percussion.... yeah...