Slow disk browser & also Alt-TAB lagging (v8.04 - WinXP SP3)

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
groovebox

Slow disk browser & also Alt-TAB lagging (v8.04 - WinXP SP3)

Post by groovebox » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:45 am

Hi all - had a scout round these forums and nothing was hitting me between the eyes!

Anyhow - as the title says XP Pro SP3 with Live 8.04. My loop library is on a sep HD but in the same PC case - prob about 8GB of WAV's - sometimes when I click on the File Browser (there are 3 buttons on the left) - it takes AGES (more then 40 secs) to show the Loops on that drive - all the loops are in folders - there are only about 20 main folders - the HD has plenty of free space.

This is intermittent - but happens about 80% of the time.

The other thing is that sometimes (generally about the same time as I have the other prob?) when i Alt-TAB to go to another app or whatever - when i alt-TAB back to Live it takes a LONG time - 25 secs before I can again control Live - sometimes 40 secs.

My PC is pretty clean - nothing too funky. Turned off AV and other sys processes but still have occasional issues. When it works it works fine - but when it goes into cryogenic mode it is frustrating as all heck.

Using Live 7 it all works 100%. So it is something in Live 8 I think.

If this has been asked/answered or logged before can someone point me to a post - did have a good search around but may have missed it!

Thanks for reading.

Respect.

Kampell

Re: Slow disk browser & also Alt-TAB lagging (v8.04 - WinXP SP3)

Post by Kampell » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:54 am

yes i have the same issue. everytime when i have focus the file tab browser in live, and i do click to my rme mixer and back to live, i have to wait up to 1 min. that really sucks. when i have focus my vst or abe plug browser i dont have that issue! i have defrag all my harddisk but nothing changes.
hope anyone can help us.

cheers

groovebox

Post by groovebox » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:57 am

Yes - I too have defragged - I doubt that it is a HD issue - as it is new and has 200GB of free space. Have just turned off a bunch of other services - no change.

Ran a demo copy of Live 8 on a G4 PowerBook - some loops off an external HDD - no problems there. (live was slow - only cause it was running on an older G4)

PS - VST folder deactivated.

Respect.

groovebox

Post by groovebox » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:12 pm

It seems that 8.05 has addressed these issues.

Respect.