Projectmix i/o and the APC40...together...

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Joshua Boden

Projectmix i/o and the APC40...together...

Post by Joshua Boden » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:04 am

I am about to make the jump to Pro-tools...which have been avoiding for years, but due to professional nisecity I having to go there. Being that they, Avid, are in the buisness of twisting your arm to buy one of their interfaces I am going with the Projectmix. I currenlty have the APC40, which I love and want to continue to use. Up until now I have kept my set up fairly minimal. I am all about keepin it simple for improved work flow. But the industry standrd being what it is.... anyway I digress. Heres the question.
Has anyone worked with the projectmix? Will I have any issues workig with both PMi/o and the APC40? Who amongst you has used Live and PT together? Hit me up. I dont want much downtime when I get the whole mess hooked up. So any and all adivce is appreciated.
Peace,
J.

Shephurd

Re: Projectmix i/o and the APC40...together...

Post by Shephurd » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:59 am

Im also interested in responces..
it seems we are after the same thing in production and mixing haha..
I was just checking out the ProjectMix I/O, and im wondering if it's motorized faders work in ableton at all? if not i may move to protools and rewire ableton to it (Ableton will always be my beat making software, may end up rewiring tracks to protools for mixing)

bumping this cats thread for insight.. cheers

Joshua Boden

Post by Joshua Boden » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:43 am

Yeah, I ended up getting the Projectmix, but I didnt know that m-audio was so lame getting the drivers for Snow Leopard together. So now I am stuck with a bok that I cant use until they get it together... it seems to take them a long time to do so. So if you are running the new OS on Mac I would wait...
Oh, and as I understand it, the faders do work for Live

Shephurd

Post by Shephurd » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:50 am

aw stink about the updates..and yeh i havnt seen much on automation in live.. i mean in logic their is a bunch of settings for it, and nothing in live? haha

and im on pc at the moment sadly.. gota save for a mac 1 time...

good to know bout the needed updates tho..