How to get clips into a MIDI channel & change the notes ??

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
SmurfGGM

How to get clips into a MIDI channel & change the notes ??

Post by SmurfGGM » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:51 am

I know Ive done this before but I can't work out how I did it and I havn't used Ableton for a long time.

I want to insert a clip (wav) onto a MIDI channel, so I can change the notes on the keyboard.
I think I had to arm the channel and then play the clip on my computer keyboard, then I could copy, paste, drag the clip around the little keyboard, but I cant remember, grrrr.

Anyone help ?

Many thanks in advance !

NPC

Re: How to get clips into a MIDI channel & change the notes ??

Post by NPC » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:14 am

just guessing..."slice to new midi track?"
MBP 13", Live Suite 8.2.7, Remote SL 25, LaunchPad, SL mkii 49, APC 20, Access Virus A, OctaTrack, MachineDrum, Blofeld...

Limeforadime

Post by Limeforadime » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:32 pm

SmurfGGM wrote:I know Ive done this before but I can't work out how I did it and I havn't used Ableton for a long time.

I want to insert a clip (wav) onto a MIDI channel, so I can change the notes on the keyboard.
I think I had to arm the channel and then play the clip on my computer keyboard, then I could copy, paste, drag the clip around the little keyboard, but I cant remember, grrrr.

Anyone help ?

Many thanks in advance !
Hmm I'm not all sure what you're asking is possible. See, a midi track accepts midi signals, sends them to a virtual instrument, and creates sound out of it. This can be converted into an audio file (for example in wav format) but not necessarily turned back into midi. Although, it is possible to slice an audio track to a midi clip, where midi notes will play a little portion of the sample wav file, but it's not the same as the original. Could you specify a little more clearly what it is you are trying to do? Maybe I'm not understanding correctly.

gabrielsaint

Post by gabrielsaint » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:09 pm

Drag the wav into Simpler.