Live 8 + APC40 + Kore 2 = really weird stuff !

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
ewistrand

Re: Live 8.0.5 + APC40 + Kore 2 = really weird stuff !

Post by ewistrand » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:45 pm

dinaiz wrote:Except that when you use Kore 2 controller as well, Kore 2 controller, also sends MIDI data to Kore 2 VST, and receives MIDI data from it.
Ah- no. The Kore controller when used with Kore sends host automation- not MIDI.

Your Kore forum moderator,
ew

Mike Goodwin

Post by Mike Goodwin » Thu May 27, 2010 2:54 pm

I have the same issue. The quest for controller Nirvana hits another stumbling block.

dinaiz

Post by dinaiz » Thu May 27, 2010 9:30 pm

ewistrand wrote:
dinaiz wrote:Except that when you use Kore 2 controller as well, Kore 2 controller, also sends MIDI data to Kore 2 VST, and receives MIDI data from it.
Ah- no. The Kore controller when used with Kore sends host automation- not MIDI.

Your Kore forum moderator,
ew
Host automation ? So you mean that Kore 2 driver "talks" directly to live using an Ableton "secret" protocol ? ;-)

saxman420

Re: Live 8 + APC40 + Kore 2 = really weird stuff !

Post by saxman420 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:23 pm

The good news is I'm not crazy, the bad news is that I also have this problem. I'm using apc40 + kore 2 controller as well as rig kontrol. Rig Kontrol works great until I plug in that Kore controller. Instantly, I lose use of Rig Kontrol and the apc40 becomes relatively unresponsive. It really is a bummer cuz I love what the kore controller does by itself. My situation is slightly different in that if I only use apc40 and kore 2 controller, I'm ok. However, as soon as I plug Rig Kontrol in, I lose Kore functionality (but not apc40 surprisingly). It looks like for the time being I am forced to decide between using Rig Kontrol or Kore 2 controller because all three just don't jive together. At this point it seems like Rig Kontrol will win the battle since I sitll have some control over Kore sounds using the Apc 40. Ableton, please help us figure this out!!!

thanks!
Steve

fraybentos

Re: Live 8 + APC40 + Kore 2 = really weird stuff !

Post by fraybentos » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:44 am

I'm also having this issue, bit pissed of that I bought the Kore 2 hardware and it seems like I waisted my money if I can't get it to work without glitching. Anyone had any hint of a solution from Ableton or NI???? :evil: