Latency

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
enomusic

Latency

Post by enomusic » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:46 pm

Hello, I'm using Live 8.0.4 on an Intel MAC Running OSX 10.5.8 & 3GB ram. I'm using an Apogee Duet as an interface... when I record an electric guitar or a bass I get ridiculous latency when recording. How do I improve on this issue? I know is under Live Preferences => Audio but not sure what I need to change :oops: .. Please help!

Thanks!

josephjobling

Re: Latency

Post by josephjobling » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:52 pm

hi had a look to see if this has any thing like ASIO. i know (but not sure how) that this feature has a more direct rout through the sound card meaning a low latency. - does the Apogee Duet have this. if not that could be the problem - mayby - not sure - worth checking out though.

enomusic

Post by enomusic » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:45 pm

I don't believe so... not sure what ASIO means though.. do you mean if it connects like an internal sound card? The Duet is a fire wire interface it does not connect internally.. does that make sense?

josephjobling

Post by josephjobling » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:42 pm

not exactly sure my self but i think it has something to do with the signal path the audio takes through the internal workings of the sound card with an asio driver it takes a quicker route which reduces latency - latency being the amount of time it take for the sound to travel round your sound card........... i think - hope this helps you :)

gabrielsaint

Post by gabrielsaint » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:45 pm

I have been having a problem with this too. Try tweaking the individual track delay times and maybe your buffer settings. I have been able to make it better but not flawless.

GS

enomusic

Post by enomusic » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:20 pm

Cool.. thanks a lot guys! Mr. josephjobling any idea how I can implement ASIO on my set up? Also Mr. gabrielsaint any recommendations as to what to change in my buffer settings? The thing is that the Latency is really bad..

Let me know..

enomusic

Post by enomusic » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:45 pm

gabrielsaint wrote:I have been having a problem with this too. Try tweaking the individual track delay times and maybe your buffer settings. I have been able to make it better but not flawless.
GS
Hey.. I just lowered my sample rate under Live Preferences and I got it to work pretty smoothly.. almost no latency..

Thanks a lot. :mrgreen:

josephjobling

Post by josephjobling » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:10 pm

enomusic wrote:
gabrielsaint wrote:I have been having a problem with this too. Try tweaking the individual track delay times and maybe your buffer settings. I have been able to make it better but not flawless.
GS
Hey.. I just lowered my sample rate under Live Preferences and I got it to work pretty smoothly.. almost no latency..

Thanks a lot. :mrgreen:
glad you sorted it out man. :)