problem recording audio, some kind of lag

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Daeronb

problem recording audio, some kind of lag

Post by Daeronb » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:30 pm

Hi, whenever i record a couple tracks onto 1 audio track it seems like the recorded track has some sort of delay in it. i cant realy explain well, so i took a screenshot : http://daeronb.hyves.nl/album/18697466/ ... 13/0/QjKA/. in thins case i recorded tracks 1-3 onto audio track 4. u can clearly see that the sound wave on track 4 begins way later then the sounds on the recorded tracks. How can i solve this?

tnx in advance!

Dan Dare

Re: problem recording audio, some kind of lag

Post by Dan Dare » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:39 am

It is recording the latency, you need to set monitoring to off.

Phelios

Post by Phelios » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:47 pm

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!
I was almost giving up Ableton Live completely but your hint solved all of my problems. Even recording the Virus TI - which is a very tricky thing - is working fine now. Why is this very important feature not mentioned anywhere in the troubleshootings about latency and recording? Ableton should REALLY take care of this since it is a basic feature.
Thanks again, Ableton should pay you for this - you just saved one customer. I mean it!

Therm

Post by Therm » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:13 pm

This seriously helped me as well. I think there should be more and varied documentation on latency in the manual and help tutorials. I was able to find where this is discussed in the both the manual and the tutorials, but it's not treated as a major point, and it's not broken down into details.