Bpm Syncing

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
subbass

Bpm Syncing

Post by subbass » Thu Jan 17, 2002 8:02 am

hello,

I am trying to use Live as DJ software, wher i can cross fade between songs with the beats synced. The problem i am having is that the audio files (about 2 - 3 minutes in length) never sync. Do i have to put a Warp Marker for every beat to make them sync? The Files are trimmed perfectly for a seamless loop. anyone have any good tips?

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 19, 2002 9:07 pm

Hello Subbass,

I asked for the same thing and the guys from Ableton told me, that now you have to set warp-markers on every beat. It takes too much time now for live-DJ-use.
They would work on better beat-recognizing for longer tracks in the future.
Please try Mixmeister Pro (www.mixmeister.com).
For making beat-mixes with longer tracks it´s the best and easiest software in my opinion.
But with Mixmeister it is not so easy to synchronize with a lot of loops .
Please try it out and let me know, what you think of Mixmeister Pro!

Mark

subbass

bpm sync

Post by subbass » Sun Jan 20, 2002 4:20 am

Ah.. mixmeister sounds pretty cool but they don't have a version for the mac. I wonder what the deal is with mac dj software. There is none! Why the shortage? Traktor has yet to be release for the mac.. Live is the closest thing to professional dj software.

btester

bpm syncing

Post by btester » Mon Jan 21, 2002 1:19 am

Hey there. I use lots of long clips in my sets. You don't really have to place a warp marker on every beat. If your audio is relatively stable, tempo-wise, you only have to place a warp marker every few bars. You could easily get away with placing a warp marker once every four or five bars. Once you've done it a few times it gets pretty fast.

B.