Multiple outputs from Live

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
m.j.stanley

Multiple outputs from Live

Post by m.j.stanley » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:11 pm

Hi there,

I'm running Live 5, yes pretty old I know! with an Edirol FA-101 which has 10 outputs. I would like to output the same stereo signal to two sets of speakers i.e. duplicate the master output to another two outputs, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. In the end I had each set of speakers in Mono, and had the left channel from the master going to one set and the right channel going to the other.

Any ideas on how I set up the 4 outputs?

Thanks in advance

Martin

bigsalad

Re: Multiple outputs from Live

Post by bigsalad » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:05 pm

Doesn't Edirol's own software allow you to route the outputs?

Trent

Post by Trent » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:57 am

As confusing as this may seem but what you could do is setup the external outs, create another audio channel and route the mix as an input and then route that channel to the external out of your choice. And keep doing it for your other external outs if you wish. Look in the manual about routing. Good Luck!

m.j.stanley

Post by m.j.stanley » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:02 am

bigsalad wrote:Doesn't Edirol's own software allow you to route the outputs?
I hadn't bothered to install any of the edirol software as it said it works out of the box on mac. I'll have a look tonight when I get back home.

hrowe

Post by hrowe » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:15 pm

Why don't you just create a new audio track with 'master' as the input (audio from) and 'ext out' as the output (audio to). You can then specify which edirol outputs you want to use.