Minimonsta parameters

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
blakjesus

Minimonsta parameters

Post by blakjesus » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:49 am

I have been using Ableton for a while now and its a fantastic product; however, i am having some trouble. I have seen people mention using minimonsta quite a few times on this forum and i need someone to shed some light on this subject.

I cant seem to set up the parameters to be controlled by automation in ableton or through midi control. Can anyone help me?

blakjesus

Re: Minimonsta parameters

Post by blakjesus » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:33 pm

So its been a little bit less than a year since i posted this... I STILL CANT GET IT TO WORK! Is no one having this problem but me?! The only way i can automate anything is by assigning a single parameter to my modulation wheel on my keyboard and automate that but that is limited to one parameter and i have to reassign it each time i relaunch the set. I have even tried using other vst's but find myself coming back to the minimonsta because of the way it sounds. Can somebody PLEASE help?

Rinsemeister

Post by Rinsemeister » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:31 pm

Greetz,

What keyboard are you using and does it have any rotary knobs?

If so, all you have to do is press the little triangle button in the instument, press configure and now any
knob or switch that you click on in the Minimonsta GUI will be visible and automatable.

Right click on any of the parameters and you can either midi-map or key-map them.

HTH.

Zed.

blakjesus

Post by blakjesus » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:53 pm

Wow!!! I can't thank you enough!! :mrgreen: I guess i was just used to the way my other vst's worked where you just try to change any of the parameters and it already shows up in the midi device window. As a matter of fact, i just realised alot of instrument and fx windows have that little arrow on them and i have yet to see what extra functionality they provide.

Rinsemeister

Post by Rinsemeister » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:12 pm

I'm glad I could be of assistance, enjoy...........

Zed.