Audio disappears when using Mac inbuilt soundcard

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
rikstar23

Audio disappears when using Mac inbuilt soundcard

Post by rikstar23 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:54 am

Hi
I just got a new MacBook Pro :D and when i run Live using the internal soundcard, the master output dies on me every 5-10 mins.All the track meters are still jumping about, master meter is dead. Only way to get it back is by re-booting Live. Never had this before, tho this is fist time i've run Live on a Mac... doesnt happen with other sound cards...

An Mac users had this problem?

3.06 GHz Intel / 8GB RAM / Live 8.1

westlicht

Re: Audio disappears when using Mac inbuilt soundcard

Post by westlicht » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:13 pm

Hi

I have a MacBook Pro too, and the same issue (with Live 8.1). But it happens to me using my MOTU UltraLight. Everything works fine for some time, then master output just disapears (the master meter is dead too). All other tracks seem to work fine. Routing individual tracks to external outputs wont help, no output either. Reloding the live set solves the problem, for a few minutes. It seems to me that this only happens on live sets I have created using older versions of Live (6 and 7 mostly). Also it seems that it happens when some VST instrument is not found and replaces with a new plugin. Unfortunately I don't have any more clues ...

Hope there is a solution to this problem ..

rikstar23

Post by rikstar23 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:45 pm

Well this was happening to me with fresh projects created in Live 8, latest update. I say was as i spent 5 hours the other day remixing a friends tune with no problems. The Live set i was working on was created in Live 6 and i imported it into 8.... so confused. Will try again soon with a fresh project to see what go on this time.
It would be a big problem if i was, for example, forced to do a DJ set using the internal soundcard and the master drops... there would be a room full of dancers, thinking i'm gonna drop the beat back in, any time now, any time..... 8O

taximouse

Post by taximouse » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:57 am

sounds similar to something I experienced and posted about. all the audio disappeared from any tracks routed into another track. thought i was crazy. restarting Live solved the problem. but it's since happened again.

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... 7#p1039937

yes, i'm still on 8.09.
MacBook Pro 2.93 Ghz, early 2009, 4GB RAM
OS 10.5.8
Live 8.1.4
Motu Ultralite + FCB1010 + SooperLooper + cello

twitter: zoecello
http://www.zoekeating.com

westlicht

Post by westlicht » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:35 pm

I updated to live 8.1.1 and still have the same issues. Just a few minutes it happened again. I worked on a live set I created just a week ago in live 8.1 and let it play for around 2 minutes. Then I added an instance of the Sugar Bytes Effectrix plugin to an audio track and boom, no more audio. I was using my MOTU UltraLight this time, but the same thing happens with the inbuilt soundcard (just happend a few times last week). The effect is still the same, everything looks to work perfectly (audio meters, plugins on all the channels, etc.). But there is no output, and the master channel does not show any incoming signal. Routing individual audio tracks to hardware outputs does not work either. I really hope something can be done about this bug! Currently I'm working on an album and it just makes the workflow horrible, but I cannot even think about the next gig!! Ableton, is there anything you can tell us about this issue??