Clicks in audio when changing tempo

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Tarekith

Clicks in audio when changing tempo

Post by Tarekith » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:57 pm

I'm working on an ambient DJ set in Live 8.1.2b1, and when I use tap tempo on the APC40, the audio starts dropping out. RME FF400, MBP 2.16gHz, 10.6.2, 256 samples. The audio clips are not warped, and there's no more than 2 playing at once. 100% reproduceable, as soon as I use tap top, I get pops and clicks and drop outs. Happens with the built in soundcard and at any audio buffer setting.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
Inner Portal Studio - Professional Audio Mastering

kleine

Re: Clicks in audio when changing tempo

Post by kleine » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:10 pm

Unwarped clips and tap tempo? Does it make sense?
Do you have any devices/VST´s in this set - especially delays/reverbs can easily cause clips with variable tempo playback
when the delay times aren´t smoothed.

Best,
Christian

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:36 pm

Only effect are Live 8 effects, though they are off in this case. The files are unwarped because they are ambient and most do not have any sort of recognizeable 'beat'. I'm trying to change the tempo on the fly so that when I DO play a song with somewhat recognizeable tempo, I can turn on the effects I want and they will be synced.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
Inner Portal Studio - Professional Audio Mastering

wobbleLF

Post by wobbleLF » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:20 pm

I have the same problem- tempo change causing clicking. I have my tracks warped. Have you found out what is causing this tarekith?
My version is 8.1.1 btw... I am also using an apc40 but changing tempo from the computer instead of apc does the same thing. Also, if I turn off apc40 and remove it from the controllers list, it still makes the clicks.

Growtg

Post by Growtg » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:59 pm

So someone solved the tempo clicking problem???