All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: midi keyboard not working
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:51 pm 

I'm running Live 8 on a macbook pro and I've got an old Evolution MK-149 midi keyboard.. Just bought a usb-midi cable to connect the 2 together but can't seem to get Live to see it..

Tried going thru and selecting all the available Ins on the midi channel but none of them seem to pick up a signal from the keyboard..

Anyone any ideas on what I might need to do/not do please?

Much appreciated in advance :)

Post subject: Re: midi keyboard not working
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:24 pm 

Hi,

I am assuming this is a MIDI-to-USB cable you are using? I am not familiar with MAC's for the most part (audio especially). In a MIDI track enable record and hit some notes on the keyboard to see if you hear anything. Also look at the top right of the Live screen for the two small boxes, the top one (MIDI Track In) should light up if you are getting input from the keyboard. I don't do anything special for connecting a MIDI keyboard to my system/Live. I just enable record to get input to Live for the MIDI notes (audio also connected btw so I hear the audio from it). Let me know if that helps out. Also you may want to load up a VSTi synthesizer to that midi track to see if you hear anything from it (as long as you see MIDI Track In and enable Record on the track it should work...).

Mike

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]