CPU out of control on MacBook Pro Any suggestions?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
zumba

Re: CPU out of control on MacBook Pro Any suggestions?

Post by zumba » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:24 pm

well in some ways live is working a bit better. not amazing wow but the sync with other gear is tighter.... the glitches and spinning ball are less although i experienced those more in arrangement view and i just did a 20 minute jam in session view... but as soon as i start processing drums with another instrument playing and one sample (3 channels outputting sound - 2 MIDI -1 audio -i audio send to one fx rack and -3 outputs from the soundcard things start getting choppy)
freezing the drum channel now and will see if things are smoother as they should be...
spread the sound

diogo_semedo

Post by diogo_semedo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:27 pm

Any news?
MacBook Pro 15,4" Dual Core 2,4 Ghz, 4 GB DDR3, xiosynth 49, Live 8.1.3 and .4b, Traktor Scratch Pro, Yamaha HSM80.

robnotrob

Post by robnotrob » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:48 pm

On the mac

I found the problem was project specific, when I loaded a problem project (that pushes the ableton process to 100% cpu when idle) I simply deleted the only drum-rack midi channel then performed an undo to restore it, the cpu issue went away during that session.

zumba

Post by zumba » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:19 pm

i guess i have had some imporvements with some of the various suggestions... but then again some sets do open and are really slow and buggy... maybe i will try the undo trick... but still, i do not feel 8 is stable enough for shows...
Still rocking 7 when i got to play in front of a crowd as not into having a crash or something mid set!!
spread the sound

robnotrob

Post by robnotrob » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:41 pm

zumba wrote:i guess i have had some imporvements with some of the various suggestions... but then again some sets do open and are really slow and buggy... maybe i will try the undo trick... but still, i do not feel 8 is stable enough for shows...
Still rocking 7 when i got to play in front of a crowd as not into having a crash or something mid set!!
Totally..

diogo_semedo

Post by diogo_semedo » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:00 pm

I've started a new track and guess what, 3 tracks = 20 % CPU usage. Can you beat that? I sorry I don't have Live 7 :s
MacBook Pro 15,4" Dual Core 2,4 Ghz, 4 GB DDR3, xiosynth 49, Live 8.1.3 and .4b, Traktor Scratch Pro, Yamaha HSM80.