Product Comparison - Intro vs. Full

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
TDCat

Product Comparison - Intro vs. Full

Post by TDCat » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi,

I can't find a product comparison sheet. What is the difference between Ableton Live Intro and Ableton Live?

I simply can't afford the €349,00 for Ableton Live and would love to know the main functionality differences. Instruments and effects are not a concern for me as I use third party products for this.

Thanks!

TDCat.

kleine

Re: Product Comparison - Intro vs. Full

Post by kleine » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:58 pm

nexus-6

Post by nexus-6 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:06 pm

i just bought live intro yesterday.

and it hink its better than live lite 8,but still think 8 scenes pr project is to little,would really hope they would change that
Nexus-6,Nexus-6-project

kevmove02

Post by kevmove02 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:53 pm

While I get the point that 8 scenes may seem extremely limiting, I disagree that Live Intro is crippled. In fact, with the addition of REWIRE support, I think we have recieved a very generous present from Ableton. Consider this: 512 audio clips. That is what you have at your command. 64 audio tracks, with 8 scenes per track. Now I challenge you to go and create something meaningful. I know the next complaint is we only get 12 audio effects per project or only 4 VSTi. Well if you want more, you have to pay more. Or you can be smart. Record all your tracks dry. Record your tracks with effects, then render them to audio. Use more midi instruments, which have no limitations. Here's an idea, get a multitimbral, multichannel VSTi synth, and use its MIDI capabilities to your advantage.

Bottom line: we have a great tool in Live Intro. Instead lamenting what it can't do, discover what it can do. You will be amazed.