All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: convert .als files to .mid
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:41 pm 

Hi, I'm trying to get from the point of creating .als files to importing them into the clip areas in Session view. I've looked in all the lessons and in the 'tour of live' movie but I can't figure it out. Basically I've created all my various components and now I want to load them into the clips/scenes but it only seems to want to load .mid files. Do I need to convert the .als files to .mid?

Post subject: Re: convert .als files to .mid
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:47 pm 

christs4 wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to get from the point of creating .als files to importing them into the clip areas in Session view. I've looked in all the lessons and in the 'tour of live' movie but I can't figure it out. Basically I've created all my various components and now I want to load them into the clips/scenes but it only seems to want to load .mid files. Do I need to convert the .als files to .mid?

where does it request .mid files?
usually you can drag anything into the session slots (midi-clips, audio, ableton clips or projects....)

however you don't need to save your prepared parts as ableton projects (.als). just drag the clip to the browser and it will save it as an ableton clip which you can then just drag into the blank area in session view.
or even just take it from arrangement view, and drag it to session by pressing the tabulator key while you hold the clip.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:02 am 

Hi, I mention .midi as when I right click on the clips box it gives me the option to import/export midi files. Anyway I've opened the Browser on the left handside and browsed to the location of my audio/midi files but it's not letting me drag them into the Session area. I get the following Msg 'The number of Session View scenes are limited to 4. The Product Live Lite to Full Version Upgrade is required to go beyond this limitation'. So do I need to upgrade before I can actually try out this functionality? What does the 'limited to 4' refer to as I can't say I've ever used 1 never mind 4.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:08 am 

I've set the Preferences to 'Live Lite to Full Version Upgrade = Demo Mode'. What will this allow me to do and how can I view the demo? Thanks

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]